No announcement yet.

Harder puncher, Liston or Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harder puncher, Liston or Foreman?

The two most feared punchers of all time. But, who hit harder?

Foreman probably

Comment

Pretty good question because they both had similar freakish genetics. Very thick bones, massive heavy fists(literally and also with the boxing term we know) that must feel different than regular boxers when hit.

Foreman's got the harder shots punch for punch, I do wonder who's left jab is more powerful though. They've both snapped many heads back with that.

Comment

Sonny was a little more technically correct than the heavier Foreman. That probably makes their power about equal.

Comment

Foreman.. The dudes hand size is ridiculous.. Legit hammer of Thor as fists

Comment

Foreman was heavy handed and along with Shavers are the best punchers I know of in my experiences. Sonny Liston threw excellent power with solid technique too. Great jab with reach and accuracy and power combinations to follow.
            For pure power in the modern era in no particular order I like;
            Dempsey
            Louis
            Marciano
            Liston
            Foreman
            Lyle
            Tyson
            Lewis

.......there are others I knew who were less notables but they could crack really hard.

Comment

Foreman was a freak of nature, he can hurt people from any distance and with any punch, but his opponents seemed to be overwhelmed by his strength, while the opponents of Liston seemed to be more durable during the fight, but with more damage taken.

Comment

Seems like Foreman was more heavy handed and Liston a little more technical and some more snap to his shots. Not by a lot though, but both guys could really crack.

Comment

I think foreman but only Ali would know. Was he ever asked this or who he thought was the hardest puncher, including Shavers?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Seems like Foreman was more heavy handed and Liston a little more technical and some more snap to his shots. Not by a lot though, but both guys could really crack.
                    I agree. Both were murderous punchers but had different styles. Foreman could bludgeon you from anywhere and was raw in his first go round. List on was more precise and apt to set his bombs up while never giving ground. I'll lean towards George, but they were different kinds of fighters in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X