• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liston's fists measured 15 inches around

hand size of Foreman and Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      Pretty good question because they both had similar freakish genetics. Very thick bones, massive heavy fists(literally and also with the boxing term we know) that must feel different than regular boxers when hit.

Foreman's got the harder shots punch for punch, I do wonder who's left jab is more powerful though. They've both snapped many heads back with that.
      Overall id say Foreman but Listons jab was more powerful
      "Liston's noticeably more muscular left arm, crushing left jab and powerful left hook lent credence to the widely held belief that he was left-handed"

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        I agree. Both were murderous punchers but had different styles. Foreman could bludgeon you from anywhere and was raw in his first go round. List on was more precise and apt to set his bombs up while never giving ground. I'll lean towards George, but they were different kinds of fighters in my opinion.
        Who else would be considered heavy handed? Klitschkos, I guess?

I know in addition to Liston, Tyson had snap to his punches, but who else would fit that category as well? Marciano? Louis and Lewis?

Comment

The Klitz bros were definitely NOT heavy handed punchers! Strong yes, and could generate decent leverage but over all didn't put combos together well and
          were not heavy handed.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
            I think foreman but only Ali would know. Was he ever asked this or who he thought was the hardest puncher, including Shavers?

yes, and he said shavers.

Comment

If you put the same opposition each had and switched them it would be clear Foreman hit harder . He knocked out the bigger ,better fighters ,Liston dominated no one Foreman couldn't ,we dont know if the same would hold true for Liston who like Foreman liked to have big size advantages .

Comment

It is worth noting that Foreman was trained quite a bit by Sonny.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Who else would be considered heavy handed? Klitschkos, I guess?

I know in addition to Liston, Tyson had snap to his punches, but who else would fit that category as well? Marciano? Louis and Lewis?
                  Heavy handed would be guys like Vitali, Bruno, Peter, Coetzee, not especially quick guys but massively powerful and concussive in their force. Marciano would fit this category as well, though I wouldn't rate him on the same level due to his size.

Wlad's more an explosive technique based puncher. He punches nothing like his brother.

Liston had snap? Since when?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    The Klitz bros were definitely NOT heavy handed punchers! Strong yes, and could generate decent leverage but over all didn't put combos together well and
                    were not heavy handed.

Ray
                    Vitali was very heavy handed. The near 90% knockout ratio attests to that.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                      Vitali was very heavy handed. The near 90% knockout ratio attests to that.
                      " I’ve fought George Foreman, I’ve fought Lennox Lewis and Vitali’s the best. He hits harder than Foreman, he’s got incredibly fast hands.” Shannon Briggs

Anyone making claims the 6'7 250 pounder was not at least slight heavy handed is truly not in sync with reality , Vitali hurt guys with even more arm punching than Foreman did which made him harder to hit without putting much body into it letting him throw from a longer distance. Foreman i think has the power edge but who knows how hard Vitali could have hit with more committed punching technique ?
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-06-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X