• Show
Clear All

Is this movie hitting the us theaters friday

Comment

Yes, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Yes, yes it is.

It is likely to be one boxing and sports story cliche after another. Deniro is already a cliche of his former self. I don't trust Hollywood. Look at all the other garbage they have done in the last decade. The most recent was the horrible Southpaw. Remember Will Smith as Ali? Phew!

Comment

I was surprised that for such a lengthy career that the running time was only 105 minutes which means that excluding credits the film is about 98 minutes long. Not to say that a boxing film needs to be nearly three hours as the director's cut of the film ALI , however, for a boxer as Duran who had a long career you'll expect much more than a TV movie running time.

So far the reviews have been mixed while some criticizing the script, and others praising the boxing scenes.
          Last edited by BoxVillaKO; 08-26-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I saw "Hands of Stone" yesterday, and at the risk of being brutally frank, I'll suffice it to say the film was a feeble attempt to capture the essence of the beast that was Roberto Duran...

Comment

The trailer looked terrible.i won't be watching this film.I haven't watched any boxing related films for a while,most of them are ******ed apart from Raging Bull,Ali and of course Rocky 3

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkinchamp View Post
                Can't wait to see this movie.
                Trust me, you can!

Comment

I guess due to the bad reviews i wasn't expecting a great film, but i found it entertaining mainly due to Deniro and Ramirez. There were some flaws with the script and competing subplots; yet far from the worst boxing film ever made. There was oddball humor going from the Ramirez-Ana De Armas steamy scene to child labor.

Obviously, the film could have been longer and got deeper into his career (notably Iran Barkley), but also their budget was limited ($20 million) not much for a modern film. They had to get money directly from Panamanian officials to finance this film.

Comment

Yeah, seems like a middling attempt, as the film is currently at 46% on Rotten Tomatoes and 55 out of 100 on Metacritic.

Comment

I knew it would suck. The running time is a strong indication I should let it hit the cheap racks at the video store before I bother with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X