No announcement yet.

Hands of stone trailer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    I thought Arcel didn't train Duran after the No Mas fight. So I take it then that fight will be towards the end, with maybe a later redeeming big win to end it, like Davey Moore?
    I believe he did for the benitez fight and then shut it down. I also have heard he wrote a letter telling Duran to shut it down and Eleta and king definitely let him go after he lost to Laing. Three fights later he picked up his third title and without a doubt Arcel,Eleta and King were out of the picture and off course he picked up his forth title against Barkley 6 year's later beating the same guy his conquer Hearns had lost to. This movie has been rumored for awhile and at one time I believe there was a moore character but I noticed it was not included on the movie site.
    Last edited by rightsideup; 07-21-2016, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I agree Southpaw was a brilliant very well produced movie and creed could have been better...

Comment

Looks enthralling, bookmarked! De Niro comes full circle in boxing movie terms.

Comment

Just saw a commercial for this...coming out Aug. 26th. The commercial and that trailer makes me think I will be disappointed in this movie unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Duran knocked out a horse. I hope they show that. Do you know if they do? We will find out if his best friend is really a barber now. I'd like some shots of the ol' married life, Duran at home spanking the kids. I also want to see some mobsters crowded into the same toilet stall with Arcel for the little warning they gave him.

I hope they fully explore the cultural, economic, historical and diplomatic relationship of Panama with the rest of Latin America before a round is ever boxed, to peak our interest. If there are any large rocks along the coast near Panama city, they ought to show them, to help set the mood. Some aerial shots can cover a range of moods at once.

Finally, the most important part, the boxing. It should come near the end, and be 12-15 minutes of pure boxing, which is what a boxing fan wants--he does not want to leave the theater surfeited, however. Other fight scenes should only be suggested with thunder or other symbolic means, while building toward the finale.

It does not matter where a boxing movie ends. I have seen them end at the count of seven, leaving a crowd well satisfied.
            Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Just saw a commercial for this...coming out Aug. 26th. The commercial and that trailer makes me think I will be disappointed in this movie unfortunately.
            i think OLdLefthook's description will be alot better than the actual film

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Looks like a little influx of boxing movies that have decent casts. Lets hope they live up to the billing!
              I love boxing, and boxing movies. but Usher ? Really?

Comment

Can't wait to see this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ahas View Post
                  I love boxing, and boxing movies. but Usher ? Really?
                  I watched some training clips of him and looks in good condition, coordinated, fast, you know i believe he can do some good boxing work, is the acting what worries me.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                    I watched some training clips of him and looks in good condition, coordinated, fast, you know i believe he can do some good boxing work, is the acting what worries me.
                    i believe I saw him in a western of all things and he did fine.
                    i

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                      i believe I saw him in a western of all things and he did fine.
                      i
                      Texas Rangers was the name of the western. I saw the hands of stone trailer yesterday before watching Jason Bourne

Comment

Working...
                      X