No announcement yet.

Question about Rocky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
    The comment is in reference to your posts on this forum as a whole, not in this thread.
    haha, funny, but no!

Comment

No doubt Rocky was an all time great, how anyone could say he wasnt is beyond me. Rocky was a fighter born and raised, he fought with courage and heart in every fight never dodging anyone. He may have been in with lesser opponents than what you saw in the 70's and late 60's but none the less he fought everyone that was put in front of him regardless of who they were just because thats who he was. He had an unbelievable training regime and trained hard for every opponent unlike many so called greats of today. He was the only undefeated champion in the heavyweights as well so that has to say something regardless of who he fought. And I hate to put this out there but most haters of Marciano have 2 problems the fact he was white and they cant accept the fact that one of the greatest champions of all time is white, and the fact he was unfortunately in during the down time of the heavyweight era but that wasnt his fault nor can anyone say that he was not as good as champions from other era's because we never saw him fight them. Marciano should be considered a top 10 on everyones list plain and simple and if he's not you should go watch more of his fights and stop hating.

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252
        No doubt Rocky was an all time great, how anyone could say he wasnt is beyond me. Rocky was a fighter born and raised, he fought with courage and heart in every fight never dodging anyone. He may have been in with lesser opponents than what you saw in the 70's and late 60's but none the less he fought everyone that was put in front of him regardless of who they were just because thats who he was. He had an unbelievable training regime and trained hard for every opponent unlike many so called greats of today. He was the only undefeated champion in the heavyweights as well so that has to say something regardless of who he fought. And I hate to put this out there but most haters of Marciano have 2 problems the fact he was white and they cant accept the fact that one of the greatest champions of all time is white, and the fact he was unfortunately in during the down time of the heavyweight era but that wasnt his fault nor can anyone say that he was not as good as champions from other era's because we never saw him fight them. Marciano should be considered a top 10 on everyones list plain and simple and if he's not you should go watch more of his fights and stop hating.
        one of my favorite fighters is jack dempsey and he's white, and i have no problems with putting him in the top ten. but marciano simply doesn't deserve to be in the top ten there are so many fighters IMO who would beat him, so at best maybe top 20 or 15.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
          why not? it's true. frazier would put marciano high because that was his favorite fighter, and he would rank ali low cause he hated him. common sense.
          so why do you put ali on the top of your list? Not because he was the greatest but because he was your favorite right, is that what your implying?

Comment

Why self own?

You love ali so you put him high, you hate marciano so you put him lower

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
              Why self own?

You love ali so you put him high, you hate marciano so you put him lower
              i don't hate marciano.

and ali's number one because he is, geez deal with it people. either face the fact that you're favorite fighter isn't the best, or become an ali fan.

Comment

i don't hate marciano.

and ali's number one because he is, geez deal with it people. either face the fact that you're favorite fighter isn't the best, or become an ali fan.
                marciano isnt my favorite fighter first of all, and Ali is not number 1 all time Joe Louis has that and will always have that position. And once again you go back on what you previously have said. We have had this conversation numerous times about Marciano and never once do you give him his due, you always go on about his division how it sucked and how he was a blown up cruiserweight fighting old champions never any quality opponents ans so on. So you can honestly say that you dont dislike Marciano after previously saying this?

Comment

Rocky is in top 3 on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252
                    marciano isnt my favorite fighter first of all, and Ali is not number 1 all time Joe Louis has that and will always have that position. And once again you go back on what you previously have said. We have had this conversation numerous times about Marciano and never once do you give him his due, you always go on about his division how it sucked and how he was a blown up cruiserweight fighting old champions never any quality opponents ans so on. So you can honestly say that you dont dislike Marciano after previously saying this?
                    louis#1, lol! get the heck out of here. just because blacks liked him cause he made more white people like blacks and america liked him cause he went to war and was "patriotic" does not have anything to do with how good a boxer he was. forget ali, how is louis gonna beat a guy like liston? or foreman or tyson, or even a guy like larry holmes? and don't just say he would knock them out with one punch or something stupid like that cause they all have good chins and louis would have to hit them alot of times in order for him to knock any of these guys out.

and i never said anything bad about marciano as a person or anything like that. i said he was overrated and he is. this is a fact, not my opinion. although alot of whites liked joe louis, some whites still didn't like black people, so they didn't like the idea of a black man like louis holding the title for all that time(12yrs) and then instead of a white man getting the title after, another black man in the form of ezzard charles took it and that made them even more mad. and then still another black man, jersey joe walcott came after him, so when marciano won it, it was like jesus came back to earth to them or something, so they just jump on his bandwagon and overhype the **** out of him. marciano was not as good as most people, namely white people say. he was ony 185 and had limited skills geez.

Comment

louis#1, lol! get the heck out of here. just because blacks liked him cause he made more white people like blacks and america liked him cause he went to war and was "patriotic" does not have anything to do with how good a boxer he was. forget ali, how is louis gonna beat a guy like liston? or foreman or tyson, or even a guy like larry holmes? and don't just say he would knock them out with one punch or something stupid like that cause they all have good chins and louis would have to hit them alot of times in order for him to knock any of these guys out.

and i never said anything bad about marciano as a person or anything like that. i said he was overrated and he is. this is a fact, not my opinion. although alot of whites liked joe louis, some whites still didn't like black people, so they didn't like the idea of a black man like louis holding the title for all that time(12yrs) and then instead of a white man getting the title after, another black man in the form of ezzard charles took it and that made them even more mad. and then still another black man, jersey joe walcott came after him, so when marciano won it, it was like jesus came back to earth to them or something, so they just jump on his bandwagon and overhype the **** out of him. marciano was not as good as most people, namely white people say. he was ony 185 and had limited skills geez.

Don't listen to anything this guy says about Rocky Marciano ever. he knows nothing about Rocky Marciano, and has never seen a fight of his. He is a black guy who idolizes ALi, which is fine, but he can't stand that some people think a white guy was better. period end of story on butterfly1964

Comment

Working...
                      X