Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Rocky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's an all time great. He's not in the top 5 but definatly in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
      He's an all time great. He's not in the top 5 but definatly in the top 10.
      i would put marciano in the top 20, he doesn't deserve to be top 10.

Comment

You'll find that Ali and Louis fans go into panic mode when Marciano gets mentioned. I think that's all you need to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Frazier's 15th round
          You'll find that Ali and Louis fans go into panic mode when Marciano gets mentioned. I think that's all you need to look at.
          lol yep. I'm the rare breed and have Ali and Marciano as my favorites fighterx.

Comment

I agree with almost all of these comments.Im sorry to ask such
            a stupid question,but I was just settling an arguement with a
            poster from another topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Frazier's 15th round
              more ali fans then Louis fans, Louis fans usually like Marciano because Marciano respected Louis.

Marciano top5

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
                more ali fans then Louis fans, Louis fans usually like Marciano because Marciano respected Louis.

Marciano top5
                marciano respected ali alot too. they became good freinds during the computer filming in 1969

Comment

all time great of course he is.

Comment

I think he's an time great. He beat some really good people, (one of my favorites Archie Moore). He contributed to Joe Louis's retirement (yes, Joe was faded from his prime but he still only had two losses before fighting Rocky).

Comment

Rocky Marciano is definately is a top 3 favourite fighter of mine, but top 3 greatest? Definately not. 'show me a fighter that hasn't lost and ill show you one that hasn't fought anybody'- I think that quote applied to Marciano would be an exaggeration, but gets the point across. He was dominant and undefeated but in an era that was a slump in boxing history. The only names i think are worth Mention are Ezzard, Walcott, Moore, Louis. Louis was a shadow of his former self, Ezzard was declining and a natural light heavyweight, Moore in his forties, a natural light heavyweight and also declining, then we have Walcott... Walcott like Lennox actually got better with age, i cannot discredit Marcianos win over Walcott. Walcott was solid ring technican, but rarely considered a top 10 great. Because of his lack of competition i put the rock at either 5 or 6.

Comment

Working...
                      X