No announcement yet.

Who could outbox Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who could outbox Vitali?

Which HWs in history would you favor to outpoint Vitali over 12 rounds?

Lennox Lewis /M.Tyson / W.Klitchko are your best bets .I wouldn't favor any of them post 2003 Vitali. At 6'7 and awkward you would have to have reach or excellent counterpuncher skills to out point someone like that . Ali would need reach advantage to make his style work and Holmes was less effective punching up along with limited looks of basic combos ..... i cant see many guys out pointing a guy that size with skill and who did have superiority where to place himself out of harms way after throwing punches ,he would simply run circles arond practically everyone ,i see Wlad and Lewis being the best big skilled guys to have a shot .Vitali hit very hard too, so the added punch count is going to make it that much harder if he starts tagging you,to play points with him in a 12 round fight.
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-10-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Ali and Holmes. The left jabs with the crafty movement would be too difficult for Vitali to time.
      Lewis came in with the strategy we saw in their fight. The plan wasn't to move and outbox, but certainly a prime Lewis was capable of it. I just think Vitali's face would not hold up to the 12th round lol.

Comment

Chris Byrd.

Comment

You must like long lists.

Lewis
          Tyson
          Ali
          Holmes
          Foreman
          Liston
          Cooney
          Dempsey
          Jack Johnny
          Holyfield
          Jimmy Young
          Frazier
          Marciano?
          Louis
          Tunney?
          Shavers
          Greg Paige
          Ernie Terrell
          Jess Willard
          big Jim Jefferies
          Ray Mercer
          Tommy Gunn
          Ike Ibeabuchi
          Razor Ruddock
          Buster Douglas

Way to go, Igor..., I mean, Vitaly. You are in the neighborhood of a top 25-30 all time heavyweight. A proud showing for any man!

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

Lewis
            Tyson
            Ali
            Holmes
            Foreman
            Liston
            Cooney
            Dempsey
            Jack Johnny
            Holyfield
            Jimmy Young
            Frazier
            Marciano?
            Louis
            Tunney?
            Shavers
            Greg Paige
            Ernie Terrell
            Jess Willard
            big Jim Jefferies
            Ray Mercer
            Tommy Gunn
            Ike Ibeabuchi
            Razor Ruddock
            Buster Douglas

Way to go, Igor..., I mean, Vitaly. You are in the neighborhood of a top 25-30 all time heavyweight. A proud showing for any man!
            And I forgot Big Cat Williams.

Comment

Guys who could comfortably outbox Vitali would be quick guys, great at getting in and out of range with a decent enough size of their own, so I'd say Ali and possibly Holmes (not as quick on his feet or with his hands) and Holyfield.

Lewis can have a great big man fight with Vitali, which they did in reality. If the cut had never happened, I think Vitalis chin and superior punches would have won him the fight but Lewis always has a shout.

Other than that, there is no one else really. Other guys are a combination of being too small and not having enough speed and/or skill. Some guys would have been chin checked too.

Tyson would have had a great shout just because of his own speed and power but he lacks real heart and grit and if Vitali is focused and lands enough, he would break Tysons heart.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

Lewis
                Tyson
                Ali
                Holmes
                Foreman
                Liston
                Cooney
                Dempsey
                Jack Johnny
                Holyfield
                Jimmy Young
                Frazier
                Marciano?
                Louis
                Tunney?
                Shavers
                Greg Paige
                Ernie Terrell
                Jess Willard
                big Jim Jefferies
                Ray Mercer
                Tommy Gunn
                Ike Ibeabuchi
                Razor Ruddock
                Buster Douglas

The idea that Jim Jefferies and Jess Williard beat, nevermind OUTBOX, Vitali is hilarious in itself. Another few baffling names on that list but those are the worst offenders.

Comment

Just about any skilled HW of almost equal height. Vatili relied too much on his height. He could lose on any given day to an inferior boxer who negated his height advantage.

Ironically this is why Vatili did so well against Lewis. Both use a similar style that takes advantage of their height. Vatili was the more aggressive fighter because he was the challenger and his height negated Lewis' height advantage. Its also how Furry beat Wald.

Relying on natural gifts is a great idea right up until you face someone with equal or better natural gifts.

Comment

What about Tyson Fury? Taller and bigger than Vitali, constantly moving, can take a shot and go 12 rounds with a full gas tank.

Comment

Working...
                    X