Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweights who beat prime World Class Opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The men I listed were in "their" prime and they fought on a "world wide level" of competition. The fact that they fought Holmes makes them "world competitors" all were competitive and gave good accounts of themselves.

It's funny to hear this kid call certain fighters more talented than others when he writes that Hagler & Lewis were ordinary fighters!

It seems this place can't shake out the losers for good and have a chance for
    rational debate and discussions.

I can't imagine this kid holding down a job of any kind.

good luck...............

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      The men I listed were in "their" prime and they fought on a "world wide level" of competition. The fact that they fought Holmes makes them "world competitors" all were competitive and gave good accounts of themselves.

It's funny to hear this kid call certain fighters more talented than others when he writes that Hagler & Lewis were ordinary fighters!

It seems this place can't shake out the losers for good and have a chance for
      rational debate and discussions.

I can't imagine this kid holding down a job of any kind.

good luck...............
      Firstly, i have never said, "Hagler and Lewis were ordinary fighters".. I pointed out, how Hagler is vastly overrated, in comparison to other middleweight champions. Lewis i don't rate as a ATG Top 10 Heavyweight. But that is only my opinion, if you and others rate them higher, then that is your prerogative.

The only loser on this site is you... The only fool on this site is you. You have been taken to task, many times, and found to be a "Walter Mitty" Character... Your credibility is zero, and not a word of what you say, can be taken seriously.

Also please refrain from calling me kid, as i am most likely older in age than you are.

Comment

• Well then act your age boy!

You taking me to task is pretty funny, I already stated that I was the team coach in '81 that Tyson and my son fought on. The newspaper article clearly showed that and thats why I choose it.
        Your the only one who can't read the facts sonnybyZ.

Don't go away mad....just go away!!!!!

Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Firstly, i have never said, "Hagler and Lewis were ordinary fighters".. I pointed out, how Hagler is vastly overrated, in comparison to other middleweight champions. Lewis i don't rate as a ATG Top 10 Heavyweight. But that is only my opinion, if you and others rate them higher, then that is your prerogative.

The only loser on this site is you... The only fool on this site is you. You have been taken to task, many times, and found to be a "Walter Mitty" Character... Your credibility is zero, and not a word of what you say, can be taken seriously.

Also please refrain from calling me kid, as i am most likely older in age than you are.
          All time great and top ten are different categories why are you combining them? There are a substantial amount of others who would not put Lewis as a top ten and/or all time great heavyweight, that has never been the issue. I have to reference that because again, you are either too stupid/dense to understand what people have said to you before you were irrelevent, or you want to portray yourself as a victim.

For the record: No one has ever, at least in this section, castigated you for an opinion held by many: that Lewis is not top ten and that Lewis may not be All Time Great status. As a matter of fact Lefty, and myself both, have stated that Lewis getting "poleaxed" twice, a point you mention and claim infuriates us, are reasons why we don't consider him a top ten heavyweight. the issue is how you lie, misrepresent and constantly claim Lewis ducked Bowe and some of the other nonsense about Lewis fighting Tyson...both of which were debunked in many threads and in particular in Joe and the Bums thread on Lewis.

Comment

LOL...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjOEuM6gbbk

watch the above short interview..

ask yourself this, would any of the greats have retired after this fight? without putting it right? without putting it to bed? Lewis should've given him the rematch and sorted this out before he retired.
            Lol, what fighters say after a fight and under pressure means nothing. Lewis had his mind made up about retiring. He had no obligation to Vits after stopping him. Maybe you think every fighter who is behind on the cards and wins owes a rematch. Bottom line is he beat his number one contender and owed nothing.

Comment

Seems like Ray is taken much more seriously than you. If fact the vast majority of this board has taken you to school more times than you can count.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Lol, what fighters say after a fight and under pressure means nothing. Lewis had his mind made up about retiring. He had no obligation to Vits after stopping him. Maybe you think every fighter who is behind on the cards and wins owes a rematch. Bottom line is he beat his number one contender and owed nothing.
                In Sonnys defence Lewis did seek out a Tyson rematch after his Vitali and waited until Vitali crushed Johnson to then retire . Lewis did have plans in fighting 3 more times after Vitali .The rest of what he says is twilight zonish and has no bearing on Lewis's over career.Im still waiting on why Golota beat up Bowe and how Lewis stood up to Tyson punching him square on though i guess he has to ignore that post!
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-15-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Well then act your age boy!

You taking me to task is pretty funny, I already stated that I was the team coach in '81 that Tyson and my son fought on. The newspaper article clearly showed that and thats why I choose it.
                  Your the only one who can't read the facts sonnybyZ.

Don't go away mad....just go away!!!!!

Ray
                  No.. You showed no article which mentioned Mike Tyson. You just showed some boysclub article. IMO that is meaningless. You are a fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    All time great and top ten are different categories why are you combining them? There are a substantial amount of others who would not put Lewis as a top ten and/or all time great heavyweight, that has never been the issue. I have to reference that because again, you are either too stupid/dense to understand what people have said to you before you were irrelevent, or you want to portray yourself as a victim.

For the record: No one has ever, at least in this section, castigated you for an opinion held by many: that Lewis is not top ten and that Lewis may not be All Time Great status. As a matter of fact Lefty, and myself both, have stated that Lewis getting "poleaxed" twice, a point you mention and claim infuriates us, are reasons why we don't consider him a top ten heavyweight. the issue is how you lie, misrepresent and constantly claim Lewis ducked Bowe and some of the other nonsense about Lewis fighting Tyson...both of which were debunked in many threads and in particular in Joe and the Bums thread on Lewis.
                    LOL... You are delussional, I posted a video of Riddick Bowe, telling how Lewis avoided him... You slated Bowe off which is breathtakingly arogant. Was you their at the Bowe v Lewis discussions?... How dare any poster on this or any other website, claim Bowe is punch-drunk, and telling lies.

The same goes for Tyson vs Lewis in 96, How can any professional fighter, turn down $13 million + a guaranteed world title shot, and accept $4 million to step-a-side, then claim he wasn't afraid or did not fancy the job.?.. it is fanciful to claim, anything else on the matter, when that statistical fact, is there for all to ponder on.

So don't try and tell me, i misrepresent or get debunked. I have forgotten, more about boxing than you could ever dream of knowing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      LOL... Why did he promise, the entire boxing world, he would face Vitali in a rematch.?.. Lewis left the sport in shame, stripped of every single championship belt, for refusing to face the No1 contenders.

WBA Belt - for refusing to fight No1 contender John Ruiz
                      IBF Belt - for refusing to fight No1 contender Chris Byrd
                      WBC Belt - for refusing to fight No1 contender Vitali Klitschko

You can foolishly, try to claim, Michael Grant and Frans Botha, were much more dangerous opponents. Or the public never wanted to see him fight Byrd & Ruiz, which is folly. Lewis never fancied the job, his whole career. He avoided every fighter, who was "At The Top of his Game" throughout the 1990s. Moorer, Foreman, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Witherspoon, Sanders, to name but a few..

Name me any other Heavyweight Champion, who was "POLEAXED" Twice in title fights, by mediocre journeymen?... Mike Tyson was stopped 3 times, in World Heavyweight Title Fights. Yet each time, Tyson put up a tremendous fight, took a frightful amount of punishment, and only succumbed when the onslaught was of "Fight of the Year Level"... Unlike Lewis, who was one-punched starched` both times, going down and staying down, as if his opponent had leveled a shotgun on him.

How can you lie, cheat, twist and deceive, to defend Lewis?... Why do it?.. do you owe the guy something?.. Have you met the guy?.. is he a friend or reletaive?...You are crazy to the point of a stalker or voyeur..

Comment

Working...
                      X