Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i have to choose one i'd go with Wladimir Klitschko...

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      He knocked me out once....... I was 200 metres away but the force of the wind he made with one punch knocked down an oak tree and one of its branches hit me in the head.
      roflmao nice one

Comment

Hardest puncher in history was Semmy "Hightower" Schilt. He'd regularly knock people unconscious with jabs. I don't know anyone else who came close to doing that.

Comment

Okay, but he wasn't a boxer, so the name really doesn't belong here. He was a kickboxer and MMA fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Okay, but he wasn't a boxer, so the name really doesn't belong here. He was a kickboxer and MMA fighter.
            Well that right hand from Lucas Browne maybe not in the Marciano class but it sure was hard enough to drop Chagaev who has a very good chin and the overhand left he dropped Browne with was great although Browne's feet were in a bad position, same as when Chagaev went down his feet were almost together. Great fight I thought and not bad for a bloke who started in MMA cages, first ever Australian to be world heavyweight champ and the WBA too, maybe the best belt out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
              Hardest puncher in history was Semmy "Hightower" Schilt. He'd regularly knock people unconscious with jabs. I don't know anyone else who came close to doing that.
              The ko of Ray Sefo was crazy, jabbing going backwards and putting his lights out like that...

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                Well that right hand from Lucas Browne maybe not in the Marciano class but it sure was hard enough to drop Chagaev who has a very good chin and the overhand left he dropped Browne with was great although Browne's feet were in a bad position, same as when Chagaev went down his feet were almost together. Great fight I thought and not bad for a bloke who started in MMA cages, first ever Australian to be world heavyweight champ and the WBA too, maybe the best belt out there.
                The shot that dropped Browne didn't look that hard, but then Chagaev's always been about precision and speed over raw power, and that sneaky left is one of the best shots he throws. The shot that Browne threw though... wow, talk about heavy handed. Chagaev's head snapped right back and you could tell instantly he was majorly buzzed. Not even Wlad could do that to him, and Povetkin never came close to hurting him. Browne's got some serious firepower and he proved it last night.

Incidentally, I don't think Anthony was saying that guys outside of boxing couldn't punch, but that this thread was specifically about boxers, which is fair enough. There have been and continue to be some huge punchers operating in those sports, especially K-1 where the drug testing has always been a little, ah, lenient.
                Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 03-06-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Ledochowski View Post
                  The ko of Ray Sefo was crazy, jabbing going backwards and putting his lights out like that...
                  Semmy's jab was ridiculous, but his right wasn't really anything special. In fact none of his "power" side attacks stood out at all. It was all lead hand and lead foot stuff. His jab really punched through the target, almost like a cross, and he put so much weight behind it that very few could withstand the shot without taking major damage. It's a really unique way of getting power into that particular shot and one which heavyweight boxers might do well to emulate if they're on the larger end of the spectrum (I suspect the fact that Semmy was so huge relative to his opponents was a big part of what made it so heavy).

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                    Semmy's jab was ridiculous, but his right wasn't really anything special. In fact none of his "power" side attacks stood out at all. It was all lead hand and lead foot stuff. His jab really punched through the target, almost like a cross, and he put so much weight behind it that very few could withstand the shot without taking major damage. It's a really unique way of getting power into that particular shot and one which heavyweight boxers might do well to emulate if they're on the larger end of the spectrum (I suspect the fact that Semmy was so huge relative to his opponents was a big part of what made it so heavy).
                    spot on

Comment

Gotta be Tua

Comment

Working...
                      X