Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tempted to say Tyson but I'll go with David Tua. No one routinely put guys' lights out with single shots than the Tuaman, and he didn't even have to put any effort into the shot to totally scramble brains. He might not have been a very good fighter in the historical sense, but there were very few fighters in history who could have taken a flush left from him without taking serious damage.

Comment

Tyson followed by Lewis, Bruno and Bowe. Bowe really wasn't historically a great puncher.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that they measured everyones punches and Bruno hit the hardest.

I'd rather have Bruno come at me than Tyson though lol

Comment

Paulie malagnaggi was a true one punch knockout artist

Comment

I would say Lewis....that rachman and Michael grant right hand was a killer..closely followed by Tysons uppercut ..brutal

Comment

I've heard different stories over the years. Ray Mercer was asked who punched him harder after the Klitschko fight. He said I'm 41 so Wlad can take whatever he wants out of it but Lennox hit me harder. When Mercer was finished he said the hardest he had ever been hit was by Tommy Morrison. Botha was in with Tyson, Briggs, Lennox & Wladimir, he said Lennox was the biggest puncher. George Foreman, David Tua, Mike Tyson have all been listed as some of the hardest punchers. Rahman said Corrie Sanders hit him harder than any other boxer & he's been in with Wlad, Lennox twice, Maskaev twice & Tua twice...
              Last edited by joe strong; 02-19-2016, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Tyson, who punched consistently harder, too. Bowe in last place here.

Comment

One punch? I would have to say Lewis. He's got a lot more mass behind it and he knows how to put everything behind it, plus because of his size he is usually punching downwards which puts even more force behind it.

Comment

Anybody mentioned Liston?

Comment

Least rounds in won (or drawn) world title fights (fights)

4,60 Dempsey (5)
                      4,67 Tyson (12)
                      5,40 Bowe (5)
                      7,06 Lewis (16)
                      7,29 Foreman (7)
                      9,33 Holyfield (12)
                      10,3 Wilder (4)
                      12,0 Bruno (1)
                      13,0 Shavers (2)

Tyson is the hardest puncher of all-time.
                      Last edited by jiopsi; 02-20-2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X