No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: A Career Re-Examined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Yes. Lewis steadily gained weight during his career. When in boxing history has that ever happened before?
    Lewis gained over 35lbs, his physique in the Holyfield fights is that of a steroid abuser. Or do you think he got that physique by weight lifting ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      I dont need to scan any program. I have provided you with the source, it is up to you to check it out.
      That attitude goes against the purpose of this thread.

We are trying to be definitive with regards to the information we are presenting.

--

If a statement is queried, it is because somebody has been led to believe differently. If you have the evidence to correct this, is it not best to provide it?

--

I could understand if the said item in possession was of great monetary value or a rare artifact that you held dear, but you put it at such a small monetary worth I do not understand your stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
        Do you have any proof to back this up?
        Yes, Lewis physique in the Holyfield fights is that of a PED abuser.

Muhammad Ali was 6'4'' 223lbs He was voted "Athlete of the Century". His physique was incredible and the envy of every sportsman on earth. Lennox Lewis is around a half-inch taller than Muhammad Ali, yet has a physique in the Holyfield fights similar to a Mr Universe contestant.

Comment

Lewis gained over 35lbs, his physique in the Holyfield fights is that of a steroid abuser. Or do you think he got that physique by weight lifting ?
          Lewis weighed a lean 227 for the Ruddock fight. Seven years later he weighed 245 and 242 for Holyfield. So where exactly are these 35 pounds coming from?

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
            That attitude goes against the purpose of this thread.

We are trying to be definitive with regards to the information we are presenting.

--

If a statement is queried, it is because somebody has been led to believe differently. If you have the evidence to correct this, is it not best to provide it?

--

I could understand if the said item in possession was of great monetary value or a rare artifact that you held dear, but you put it at such a small monetary worth I do not understand your stance.
            I don't have the evidence (program) at hand.. If i did i would provide it. Yet by me saying where that information is, then it is free for others to check and varify.

By me being unable to scan and provide. That does not make my comment out to be false or lies.

The McCall vs Lewis (1) fight program is not some mega rare item. There was over 13,000 people their on the night. At least 10,000 programs will have been sold.

Corie Sanders fought on both Lewis vs McCall fight shows and chased Lewis for years...

Here is another link to verify Sanders was avoided by Lewis.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/colum...corrie-sanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Lewis weighed a lean 227 for the Ruddock fight. Seven years later he weighed 245 and 242 for Holyfield. So where exactly are these 35 pounds coming from?
              Lewis 221lb Mike Weaver fight
              Lewis 257lb Vitali Klitschko fight
              Lewis 254lb |Hasim Rahman fight

Comment

I don't have the evidence (program) at hand.. If i did i would provide it. Yet by me saying where that information is, then it is free for others to check and varify.
                I wasn't attacking you, just wanting to understand your stance - which I do now.

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                By me being unable to scan and provide. That does not make my comment out to be false or lies.
                No it doesn't, but I think if you stated that from your recollection "this is the information" then it can be viewed as starting point for more investigation to either confirm or dismiss point raised.

Comment

Lewis was a career low for Weaver in 1991. He obviously was in less than stellar condition for those two fights many years later. I can make a long list of other heavyweights with similar weight gains.

What about this is so difficult for you to understand?

Comment

Lmao... No one is the same weight at early 20s than they are in their mid to late 30s..your metabolism changes with age.. Hence why nearly every human adds weight as they get older

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Lmao... No one is the same weight at early 20s than they are in their mid to late 30s..your metabolism changes with age.. Hence why nearly every human adds weight as they get older
                      Lewis was 26yrs old for the Weaver fight in 1991 weight 221lb
                      Lewis was 30yrs old for the Butler fight in 1995 weighing 248lb

Comment

Working...
                      X