No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: A Career Re-Examined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    No I've seen you tell this fairy tale before, hyping up Don kings paper champs of the 80s and pretending like they are strong wins. When Berbick or pink lim Thomas get tribute highlight vids made like Tua, Morrison, vitali then u can talk.

And you can't count losses as part of a resume you bufoon! otherwise Fran's Botha would be the greatest heavyweight of all time
    Who did Lewis ever beat who held the title?

Comment

• Anyone have any more information to contribute regarding Lewis turning professional?

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
        Anyone have any more information to contribute regarding Lewis turning professional?
        I know he trained in my neck of the woods in the Poconos for many fights.I met him once in between 92/93 before he fought Ruddock,i forget the exact year,all I know it was surreal to meet a pro Hw fighter then,and thinking Ruddock was going to k.o lewis before I met him.He stopped in one of the gym facilities out there I was going to 'Elevations "in mt.pocono

Nice guy ,took pics with everyone,he was doing some weight training.He did give a demonstration of how quick his hands were,lets just say no one saw what he threw at them ' playing around" of course these were not fighters but the reflex for such a big guy was impressive. Not sure why he didn't do a lot of training there the weight selection was second to none,amybe the lack of boxing eqipiment at that time? He must have chose the poconos for a reason besides seclusion,the elevation and air quality surly had to be a factor here.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-29-2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Here is Lennox Interview, were Lennox actually claims he avoided Michael Moorer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbzfVS7Huc

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Who did Lewis ever beat who held the title?
            Huh? He beat Holyfield for the titles, he beat Rahman for the titles he had lost, he beat Tucker the WBC champ if I'm not mistaken and he would have gotten Tyson or Bowe at some stage when they were champs if King and cowardice hadn't gotten in the way.

Comment

I have already done it for you, but you just ignore it so here we go again Joey

Holyfield ~ Lewis unfortunate to only get draw. Holyfield robbed in rematch
              Vitali ~ Lewis very fortunate to come away with victory
              Grant ~ Class C fighter who had been exposed by Golota
              Tua ~ Fattest man to ever fight for title, fatter than Two-Ton Galento.
              Rahman ~ mediocre journeyman who poleaxed Lewis.
              Golota ~ Steroid freak who never beat a Top 30 fighter
              McCall ~ mediocre journeyman who poleaxed Lewis. "Drug Addict"
              Botha ~ Steroid freak Class C fighter
              Morrison ~ HIV coming off one round KO loss to one Michael Bent
              Bruno ~ Gave Lewis a lesson in boxing & Jabbing, past best
              Mercer ~ limited fighter who was schooled by 42yr old Holmes
              Mavrovic ~ Who?.. very limited European Class C fighter
              Tucker ~ Drug addict who looked terrible
              Butler ~ Class C fighter with as many losses as wins on record
              Fortune ~ who?
              Akinwande ~ Pathetic
              Jackson ~ who?
              Briggs ~ Steroid freak, exposed by journeyman Marion Wilson KO3
              Tyson ~ Ex Champion who was more than a decade past his best. Drug addict, addicted to prescription anti-depressants, alcohol, ******* & cannabis. a zombie compared to 16yrs previous.

Mike Tyson resume..

Holmes ~ former champ who went 23-3 after loss (3 title fights)
              Berbick ~ reigning champion
              Tucker ~ reigning champion
              Bruno x2 ~ reigning champion
              Seldon ~ reigning champion
              Thomas ~ former champion 29-1
              Smith ~ reigning champion
              Biggs ~ undefeated Olympic champion
              Tubbs ~ former champion 24-1
              Spinks ~ reigning undefeated champion
              Williams ~ former title challenger
              Douglas ~ former title challenger
              Holyfield x2 ~ former and current undisputed champion

Lewis resume clearly inferior to Mike Tyson's resume.
              So how many times are you going to copy and paste this exact same propaganda? At this point it is basically spamming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                So how many times are you going to copy and paste this exact same propaganda? At this point it is basically spamming.
                Oh there is still lots of posts for that excellent analysis to be again unearthed. it did not take me long to write actually, it more or less just came into my head as i flicked over Lewis championship opposition. So sadly for you i will be using it many times over the next couple of decades.

Comment

• We now have it straight from Lennox Lewis mouth, that he "AVOIDED" certain fighters during the 1990s..Below are links to varify that Lennox avoided both Corrie Sanders, Michael Moorer, Chris Byrd & Rid**** Bowe. Yet what needs to be addressed is, Just how many "Top Fighters of the 1990s" did Lewis actually avoid?.. We know he was stripped of his championship belts for refusing to fight John Ruiz & Chris Byrd. which is 5 fighters we know Lewis avoided.. There is the Mike Tyson offer of $14 million (career high payday) and a guaranteed title fight, which Lewis turned down in 1996. There is the Vitali Klitschko rematch worth in excess of £25 million which Lewis turned down and ran off into retirement... Larry Holmes makes claim in his autobiography "Against the Odds" Lewis turned down a multi-million offer in 92

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbzfVS7Huc

http://www.thesweetscience.com/colum...corrie-sanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk1notdy_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-07-...1_lennox-lewis
                  Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 09-30-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

We now have it straight from Lennox Lewis mouth, that he "AVOIDED" certain fighters during the 1990s..Below are links to varify that Lennox avoided....
                    You are right, Lennox did not fight every single ranked contender, of every single calendar year, of every single alphabet belt, from 1985-2016. The audacity!

Tommy Morrison Highlights

David Tua Highlights

Evander Holyfield Highlights

Vitali Klitschko Highlights

Mike Tyson Highlights

Wheres, John Ruiz? Wheres Michael Moorer?.. bollocks bollocks bolllocks

Comment

• Why does sonny boy always put words in quotation marks has anyone else wondered that?

Lennox Lewis "AVOIDED" many fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X