Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler was Absolutely the WEAKEST of the Big 4.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Hagler was perfectly built for middleweight and nothing more... A lot of guys for whatever reason are built for a single weightclass..

Hagler at 160
    Tszyu at 140
    Hatton at 140
    Zarate at 118
    Foster at 175

Hagler would have been beaten down by spinks and company at 175" but at 160 Hagler was boss dog
    this comment is the worst I've ever seen.

Comment

• Learn your ****...

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      this comment is the worst I've ever seen.

No it isn't. You thinking Hagler could've put another pound on his perfectly built for 160lbs body, is the worse comment ever. Learn your ****. You must be a Floyd fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
        Marvellous Marvin Hagler was a deserving champion.
        He was lost for all money on points against Hearns and his only chance was to put him away... and like a champion, he did.
        I'm a sugar Ray Leonard fan but only showboating kept him in the running against Hagler.

My favourite middleweight was the unheralded Carlos Monzon.
        There was possibly about 90 seconds of Ray leonard showboating in the hagler fight so don't make it sound like it was every round...he waltzed the first 4 rounds where hagler never laid a glove in his....he then won the 6th when he out punched hagler against the ropes and in the Centre of the ring.....he took haglers best shots in round 9 and then came back and traded with him for the rest of the round...he then took rounds 10 and 11 and then played to the crowd because he was winning the fight.....some people see things that don't really happen....the bottom line is leonard outboxed hagler after having 1 fight in 5 years and never boxed above 154lbs .... there's three category of boxing champions
        1 is special and God gifted
        2 is a great champ and worked to get where he was
        3 is good for his time but will never go down as an all time great
        Leonard is number 1
        Hagler is number 2
        95% of boxers in this era 3

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
          There was possibly about 90 seconds of Ray leonard showboating in the hagler fight so don't make it sound like it was every round...he waltzed the first 4 rounds where hagler never laid a glove in his....he then won the 6th when he out punched hagler against the ropes and in the Centre of the ring.....he took haglers best shots in round 9 and then came back and traded with him for the rest of the round...he then took rounds 10 and 11 and then played to the crowd because he was winning the fight.....some people see things that don't really happen....the bottom line is leonard outboxed hagler after having 1 fight in 5 years and never boxed above 154lbs .... there's three category of boxing champions
          1 is special and God gifted
          2 is a great champ and worked to get where he was
          3 is good for his time but will never go down as an all time great
          Leonard is number 1
          Hagler is number 2
          95% of boxers in this era 3
          Wait so Leonard got his skills from a magic man in the sky and Hagler worked for them? good to know idiot.

Comment

• Having the word "weak" mixed in with Marvin Hagler just doesn't sound right!
            Don't know why Leonard is always brought into the conversation when discussing Hagler.
            Even though their only a few years apart in age and Leonard's career lasted longer than Haglers, Marvin crammed in 67 bouts in 14 years. Was never stopped and went 62-3-2 with 52 KO's. Leonard with a 36-3-1 with 25 KO's and for his first 20 pro bouts fought absolutely no one! Leonard fought very well against Hearns and finished the fight strong to insure the win. He fought gamely against Duran who pressured Leonard and out hustled him to win.
            Leonard fought well against Benitez also who at that time was a difficult opponent to deal with.
            Hagler had about 50 amateur fights taking on Ray Seales an Olympic Gold Medalists in Rays 21 pro bout Hagler beat him in 10! Leonard had over 150 amatuer bouts and he was a Gold Medalists and multi-champion in the amateur ranks.

Obviously both men were outstanding and had successful boxing careers.
            I doubt very much their bout has much to do about how either man is evaluated in the history of boxing.
            I do think that Haglers has the upper hand in a prime for prime match up but
            it's not that important to me either.
            I do appreciate Hagler's style more than Leonard's but when fighters have a strong methodology and incorporate the techniques to enhance their methods you can't argue with that.

ps the core four were Hearns, Leonard, Duran and Benitez. It seems Wilfred was replaced by younger fans with Hagler. The Middleweight Champ wasn't part of the round robin that occurred with the original four!

ok, have fun, fishing at 5AM and it's starting to get hot out in the Gulf.
            Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Having the word "weak" mixed in with Marvin Hagler just doesn't sound right!
              Don't know why Leonard is always brought into the conversation when discussing Hagler.
              Even though their only a few years apart in age and Leonard's career lasted longer than Haglers, Marvin crammed in 67 bouts in 14 years. Was never stopped and went 62-3-2 with 52 KO's. Leonard with a 36-3-1 with 25 KO's and for his first 20 pro bouts fought absolutely no one! Leonard fought very well against Hearns and finished the fight strong to insure the win. He fought gamely against Duran who pressured Leonard and out hustled him to win.
              Leonard fought well against Benitez also who at that time was a difficult opponent to deal with.
              Hagler had about 50 amateur fights taking on Ray Seales an Olympic Gold Medalists in Rays 21 pro bout Hagler beat him in 10! Leonard had over 150 amatuer bouts and he was a Gold Medalists and multi-champion in the amateur ranks.

Obviously both men were outstanding and had successful boxing careers.
              I doubt very much their bout has much to do about how either man is evaluated in the history of boxing.
              I do think that Haglers has the upper hand in a prime for prime match up but
              it's not that important to me either.
              I do appreciate Hagler's style more than Leonard's but when fighters have a strong methodology and incorporate the techniques to enhance their methods you can't argue with that.

ps the core four were Hearns, Leonard, Duran and Benitez. It seems Wilfred was replaced by younger fans with Hagler. The Middleweight Champ wasn't part of the round robin that occurred with the original four!

ok, have fun, fishing at 5AM and it's starting to get hot out in the Gulf.
              Ray
              Again Ray how can hagler have the upper hand prime vs prime when leonard was 2 weights below him and how can he be less in his prime than hagler when he beat benitez who was 3 weight champion....duran who was 4 weight champion and hearns was 5 weight champion Ray Leonard beat duran and hearns 3 and 4 years before hagler beat them, leonard also beat them with no weight advantage ...records speak for themselves when fighters are judged and hagler losing to willie Monroe , drawing with searles and antuerfermo and then losing to leonard puts hagler lower in the ATG list...leonard also was a 5 weight world champion and hagler was just a middleweight,.. I'm curious Ray who did hagler face in his first 20 fights besides sugar ray searles because from what I can on boxrec there loss records were pretty high...one figher had 7 fights and 7 losses ...was u paid by the petronelli brothers by any chance ?
              Last edited by The plunger man; 04-29-2016, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                Wait so Leonard got his skills from a magic man in the sky and Hagler worked for them? good to know idiot.
                Now I see why you have zero rep frampton man , now if you don't know that some fighters are born with a natural talent other fighters just don't have , speed , footwork and are just meant to wear gloves .then a idiot will never know...you heard that saying f@ckstic haven't you...punchers are born not made...what's does that tell you !it means natural, Ray robinson was gifted,ali,leonard,duran,Jones,mayweather so again read dummy and understand between a fighter that had to train everyday and gradually work to where he got to a fighter that seemed a natural as soon as he got in the ring....twat

Comment

Again Ray how can hagler have the upper hand prime vs prime when leonard was 2 weights below him and how can he be less in his prime than hagler when he beat benitez who was 3 weight champion....duran who was 4 weight champion and hearns was 5 weight champion Ray Leonard beat duran and hearns 3 and 4 years before hagler beat them, leonard also beat them with no weight advantage ...records speak for themselves when fighters are judged and hagler losing to willie Monroe , drawing with searles and antuerfermo and then losing to leonard puts hagler lower in the ATG list...leonard also was a 5 weight world champion and hagler was just a middleweight,.. I'm curious Ray who did hagler face in his first 20 fights besides sugar ray searles because from what I can on boxrec there loss records were pretty high...one figher had 7 fights and 7 losses ...was u paid by the petronelli brothers by any chance ?
                  I think what he is saying is a prime hagler at 160 beats any version of Ray at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    I think what he is saying is a prime hagler at 160 beats any version of Ray at 160.
                    Well we can all have opinions that's for sure fella ...what do you reckon what have happend ?

Comment

Now I see why you have zero rep frampton man , now if you don't know that some fighters are born with a natural talent other fighters just don't have , speed , footwork and are just meant to wear gloves .then a idiot will never know...you heard that saying f@ckstic haven't you...punchers are born not made...what's does that tell you !it means natural, Ray robinson was gifted,ali,leonard,duran,Jones,mayweather so again read dummy and understand between a fighter that had to train everyday and gradually work to where he got to a fighter that seemed a natural as soon as he got in the ring....twat
                      No fighter has God given talent. No fighter in history walked into the gym on their first day and was World Title material. You are under the impression that Hagler was just some bumbling brawler. EVERY fighter worked for what they accomplished. Hagler was robbed at least twice in his career. Almost 3 times with his fight against Duran.

Comment

Working...
                      X