Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler was Absolutely the WEAKEST of the Big 4.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler was Absolutely the WEAKEST of the Big 4.

Duran, Hearns and Leonard all had to jump multiple weight classes to fight this coward. All put on great showings! Why Hagler is even mentioned amongst these multi-division warriors baffles the hell out of me.

Hagler's legacy is camping out at Middleweight waiting for small welters to pounce on.

The reason he is mentioned with these guys is that they where the biggest names of his era as well as the fact they fought each other. Marvin did not avoid anyone at middleweight and moving up to fight Spinks was not like a good move

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
      Duran, Hearns and Leonard all had to jump multiple weight classes to fight this coward. All put on great showings! Why Hagler is even mentioned amongst these multi-division warriors baffles the hell out of me.

Hagler's legacy is camping out at Middleweight waiting for small welters to pounce on.
      pure bu!!shyte! and Hagler would have DESTROYED you hero and you know it

Comment

Snzzz...snzzz.

Comment

Hagler was perfectly built for middleweight and nothing more... A lot of guys for whatever reason are built for a single weightclass..

Hagler at 160
          Tszyu at 140
          Hatton at 140
          Zarate at 118
          Foster at 175

Hagler would have been beaten down by spinks and company at 175" but at 160 Hagler was boss dog

Comment

If that were true, Hagler wouldn't have beaten Duran and Hearns and come close to beating Leonard, who waited until Hagler was well past it to fight him.

Comment

Well I don't agree with you but I do think Hagler's resume is lacking somewhat, he never fought a great middleweight, some pretty good ones but no greats, I can name many who did beat other greats... my mate did for a start. Thing about Hagler is that we can see a lot of film on him and this is why so many rate him really high, I am sure though if we had a lot good quality film of many of the early great middleweights they would also look really great, Tommy Ryan must have really been something to behold.

Comment

do you know how dedicated you have to be to fight in the same weight class for your whole career and make weight every time?

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  Well I don't agree with you but I do think Hagler's resume is lacking somewhat, he never fought a great middleweight, some pretty good ones but no greats, I can name many who did beat other greats... my mate did for a start. Thing about Hagler is that we can see a lot of film on him and this is why so many rate him really high, I am sure though if we had a lot good quality film of many of the early great middleweights they would also look really great, Tommy Ryan must have really been something to behold.
                  Who should Hagler have fought that he didn't?
                  Last edited by Anthony342; 08-27-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Who should Hagler have fought that he didn't.
                    Nobody mate, there just wasn't any great competition, not blaming Hagler he just was a great MW in a weak MW era.

Comment

Working...
                    X