Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Fav Ring Anouncer in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It certainly does show that. How about Chuck Hull then?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      It certainly does show that. How about Chuck Hull then?
      I have seen him but cannot recall him offhand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Ring Anouncer not commentator, and yes you should hate yourself for mentioning Cosell since he knew NOTHING about the sport!
        Yet your correct with Lewis, he was terrible!
        Ray
        Cossell claimed, "He knew more about boxing than any man in the world"...

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          Just shows the difference in a matter of taste. I find Bruce Buffer absolutely disgusting and his announcing voice the phoniest I have ever heard. I consider it so bad that I almost become violent or must turn the sound off until he is through puking. He is the only announcer I have ever felt this way about.
          Buffer is dye in the wool Vegas. he has more plastic parts than flesh, his voice has the sachrin like quality that is counter to the eighty year old women rasping away at the slot machines..... I think he fits right in, for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            I prefer Bruce Buffer to Michael Buffer, but he isn't bad. I go with Chuck Hull too. Liked Lennon Sr, what little I've heard of him. Will have to search for Johnny Addie.
            Addie had a great voice and tone for the job. He represented NY boxing well. My only complaint is that he didn't know how to read split decisions. Sometimes he would announce the two cards scoring for the winner first, eliminating the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Addie had a great voice and tone for the job. He represented NY boxing well. My only complaint is that he didn't know how to read split decisions. Sometimes he would announce the two cards scoring for the winner first, eliminating the drama.
              Good point. I recall that, now that you mention it.

Comment

Working...
              X