• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Fav Ring Anouncer in history

Chuck Hull..

Jimmy Lennon Sr.

Comment

do not remember his name but the fellow doing the intros for Palimino Duran was a hoot. Freddie Brown was choking back his laughter.

Comment

To listen to the great Johnny Addie announce at the St. Nick Arena in
        NYC was a thrill. He was straight to the point and when the mic was lowered down to him everyone in the building shut up!
        For me it gets no better than Addie, the current carnival guy is a clown with Lets Get Ready to Rumble.....I'll take Lennon Jr. but his dad was better!
        You want someone who covers the details quickly and is serious as cancer because fighters are serious. It's a tough sport and someone who can add to the tension is better than a carnival barker!
        Johnny Addie the Best!

Ray

Comment

Im going to hate myself for admitting this but I have a soft spot for Cosell. I also used to really like Bobby Chaz....Chaz is a very smart guy, with a mensa level IQ and I liked his analysis....

Lewis is the worse! He says the most ordinary things like they are insights of the first order!

Comment

Ring Anouncer not commentator, and yes you should hate yourself for mentioning Cosell since he knew NOTHING about the sport!
            Yet your correct with Lewis, he was terrible!
            Ray

Comment

Micheal buffer...

No contest,,,,

Comment

I prefer Bruce Buffer to Michael Buffer, but he isn't bad. I go with Chuck Hull too. Liked Lennon Sr, what little I've heard of him. Will have to search for Johnny Addie.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Im going to hate myself for admitting this but I have a soft spot for Cosell. I also used to really like Bobby Chaz....Chaz is a very smart guy, with a mensa level IQ and I liked his analysis....

Lewis is the worse! He says the most ordinary things like they are insights of the first order!
                  Extremely accurate. Except I do not hate myself for loving Cosell. Like the hit songs of our prime, we love the guy because he was there.

Chaz was brilliant as an analyst, which is strictly objective, not simply because he was there, and Lewis as an analyst was indeed his polar opposite.

As for ring announcers, I would have to go with Lennon senior or Adie. I would have loved to have heard the old boys do it with bullhorns.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    I prefer Bruce Buffer to Michael Buffer, but he isn't bad. I go with Chuck Hull too. Liked Lennon Sr, what little I've heard of him. Will have to search for Johnny Addie.
                    Just shows the difference in a matter of taste. I find Bruce Buffer absolutely disgusting and his announcing voice the phoniest I have ever heard. I consider it so bad that I almost become violent or must turn the sound off until he is through puking. He is the only announcer I have ever felt this way about.

Comment

Working...
                    X