No announcement yet.

Most Boring Champs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Which names look more Legendary on a Resume?

Ruiz
    Byrd
    Sanders

Klitschko
    Tyson
    Evander

I dunnoo I think Lennox made the right choice.
    Well i would disagree with you.. Ruiz, Byrd & Sanders all world champions and all "AT THE TOP OF THERE GAME"...

Klitschko - Late replacement. Lewis very fortunate to come away with the victory. Lewis promised the entire boxing world he would face Vitali in a rematch. Then slithered off into retirement with his trousers full of brown.

Tyson - 12yrs since hammered by Buster Douglas. 6yrs since knocked out by Holyfield. Well documented he was addicted to prescription anti-depressants, alcohol, ******* & cannabis. Tyson was turning up for the money.. Also served serveral long term prison sentences during the 1990s.

Holyfield - Well past his sell-by-date. Lewis very unfortunate not to be awarded the decision in first bout, with British judge Larry O'Connell scoring the bout a Draw.. Holyfield clearly "Robbed" of decision in rematch.
    Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 07-08-2015, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      once again another load of rubbish from you... go back and read your previous posts were you say. "watched boxing since the 60s doe"
      Yeah that was a reference to you saying you watched boxing since the 60s

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        Well i would disagree with you.. Ruiz, Byrd & Sanders all world champions and all "AT THE TOP OF THERE GAME"...

Klitschko - Late replacement. Lewis very fortunate to come away with the victory. Lewis promised the entire boxing world he would face Vitali in a rematch. Then slithered off into retirement with his trousers full of brown.

Tyson - 12yrs since hammered by Buster Douglas. 6yrs since knocked out by Holyfield. Well documented he was addicted to prescription anti-depressants, alcohol, ******* & cannabis. Tyson was turning up for the money.. Also served serveral long term prison sentences during the 1990s.

Holyfield - Well past his sell-by-date. Lewis very unfortunate not to be awarded the decision in first bout, with British judge Larry O'Connell scoring the bout a Draw.. Holyfield clearly "Robbed" of decision in rematch.
        Yeah if only Lewis had fought those guys as opposed to fighting the fights people wanted to see. If only..

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Sure you have.

Yeah - Them, their team and the 1 or 2 fans they had cares. Nobody besides that.

I have provided that evidence before - but hey, I'll provide it again. Lewis fought in court to keep the WBA belt after having signed to fight Grant before a mandatory was made. The original mandatory Henry Akinwande was replaced by Ruiz because of a sickness. 1) Lewis vs Akinwande I was absolute garbage, 2) he had signed to fight Grant before Ruiz was even in the picture.

I have never said Michael Grant was WBA #1 contender. I have also never said Chris Byrd wasn't IBF #1 contender, I said he wasn't the official heavyweight #1 contender.

Lewis vs Tyson rematch clause:

Lennox Lewis says his next fight may be a rematch with Mike Tyson in June. Talks for a proposed bout in April between Lewis and Vitali Klitschko have collapsed, Judd Burnstein, Lewis's attorney, said yesterday.

''Now that there will be no April fight, Lennox has a contractual obligation to consider Mike Tyson as his June opponent and looks forward to seeing how Tyson performs'' against Etienne, Burnstein said.

Lewis had been expected to defend his World Boxing Council heavyweight title against Klitschko, the organization's No. 1 contender. Lewis under contract with HBO, and HBO officials said this week that Lewis was supposed to meet with them to plan his next fight

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/25/sp...n-rematch.html

Lewis vs Akinwande - turned to Ruiz?

Lewis is set to defend the titles on 29 April against unbeaten American Michael Grant at Madison Square Garden in New York.

But the WBA wanted Lewis to fight its top-ranked challenger, Britain's Henry Akinwande, who was disqualified for persistent holding when the two last met in 1997.

Lewis and his handlers knew a second fight with Akinwande, who is managed by Don King, would be box office poison and also pointed out the Nigerian-born Londoner was still suffering from hepatitis.

Akinwande has now been replaced by the WBA as number one contender by American John Ruiz.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/675628.stm

Furthermore from a court decision:

Lewis A. Kaplan, a Manhattan Federal Court judge, ruled that Lewis had to give up the WBA title before he fights Michael Grant on April 29 at the Garden or risk being cited for contempt of court. In his ruling, Kaplan said the case hinged on the question of "whether a renowned professional athlete is bound to his commercial dealings by the same standards of honesty and fairness aspired to by the rest of society.

" Kaplan said that even though Lewis signed the contract calling for him to fight the WBA No. 1 contender, he never intended to do so. Lewis, the British heavyweight champion, had filed a lawsuit against promoter Don King in an effort to keep from fighting the WBA No. 1. King had inserted a clause in Lewis' contract for his fight against Holyfield that called for the winner to make his first defense of the unified title against the WBA No. 1 - at that time, Henry Akinwande. Lewis didn't want to fight Akinwande, because the two had met for Lewis' WBC championship three years earlier and Akinwande was disqualified for excessive clutching and not fighting.

Chwasky said Lewis would give up the WBA belt for now but would appeal the decision. He added that he would ask for an expedited appeal but didn't expect anything to happen in time for the April 29 fight against Grant. Lewis' camp hopes to keep King from putting on a fight between Holyfield and John Ruiz for the vacant WBA title.

Lewis statement:

" "I am very disappointed that the court did not even consider our major arguments that Henry Akinwande, who was No. 1 until a little more than a month ago, was unfit and John Ruiz is not qualified or a legitimate No. 1 contender," the statement said.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/...ticle-1.876115

http://articles.philly.com/2000-03-0...d-wba-rankings

WBA approves Grant fight before any mandatory is called:

- In February 2000, it was announced that Lewis would fight Michael Grant, ranked fifth by the WBA, on April 29. The WBA agreed to sanction the fight on the condition that the winner agree to fight the top contender within 180 days.
          - Don King, the promoter of John Ruiz, the No. 1 contender, filed suit to force the WBA to strip Lewis and allow Ruiz to face Evander Holyfield, the No. 2 contender, for the vacant title.

Source: http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Le..._Michael_Grant

HBO wants Lewis vs Klitschko:

Lewis could, of course, fight Vitally Klitschko and get the WBC mandatory out of the way until a Tyson fleecing could be signed, sealed and cemented. Creating "the revenge of the brothers" as Byrd's lawyer (and former Lewis lawyer) John Hornewer calls it, so as to create the HBO dream fight of Lewis vs. Wladimir Klitschko for next summer. How HBO love those pretentious narratives for their fighters bio reports. The problem is Vitally won't want to take on Lewis having just come back from his most recent injury bugaboo

"He's a breath of fresh air for the sport," says HBO boxing chief Kery Davis, who is working to sign Wladimir to a multifight contract. "He's a talented fighter and he's a unique personality. There are not a lot of boxers who have his education or who want to talk about the breadth and scope of subjects he's interested in. Besides that, he's 6-foot-6 and a handsome guy, according to my wife. I think he can be a star."

Source: http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing...s-lost-his-way

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...-klitschko.htm

More on the WBA:

The politics of boxing rankings are such that the most deserving challenger isn't always the mandatory challenger.

As a result, when an undisputed champion like Lennox Lewis chooses to fight the best available contender -- as he'll do April 29 in New York City when he takes on Michael Grant -- it doesn't always satisfy the various sanctioning organizations and their many constituents.

While Lewis has the World Boxing Council, World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation heavyweight titles, the WBA is under a court order to pull its belt from Lewis if he goes through with the Grant fight.

He's going to go through with the fight and contest the court order in an appeal that will soon be filed with a federal court in New York.

The WBA has moved John Ruiz into the mandatory challenger's spot and promoter Don King is working the courts on behalf of a Ruiz vs. Evander Holyfield fight scheduled for June 10 in Las Vegas. If King prevails, Ruiz and Holyfield will fight for the WBA title that Lewis may be forced to vacate.

"Don King has a lot of influence with the WBA," Lewis said this week during a conference call. "The belt's being stolen, that's all I can say."

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2000/apr...itle-belt-is-/

As I said, you're a muppet and you don't know anything about boxing kid.
          **ahem**

Sonnytoyboy still ducking

Comment

• [QUOTE=sonnyboyx2;15855819]Well i would disagree with you.. Ruiz, Byrd & Sanders all world champions and all "AT THE TOP OF THERE GAME"...

This is an example of a "lie of omission." This is a technical term, not intended to be insulting.

The facts surrounding that fight make it clear, unlike when you give half the story, that both fighters were at a disadvantage. The proof being the condition Lewis showed up in at the fight.

lewis had originally contracted to fight kirk Douglas, a light hitting, slow footed, easy opponent by any stretch. Lewis treated Douglas casually to say the least... And then Douglas got an injury and Lewis accepted Vitalie as a replacement.

one might say both men (Vitalie and Lewis) were not at their best. And its hard to say a person is being ducked when they were defeated in an earlier fight...but alas that is speculative.

Comment

• [QUOTE=billeau2;15856006]
              Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post

This is an example of a "lie of omission." This is a technical term, not intended to be insulting.

The facts surrounding that fight make it clear, unlike when you give half the story, that both fighters were at a disadvantage. The proof being the condition Lewis showed up in at the fight.

lewis had originally contracted to fight kirk Douglas, a light hitting, slow footed, easy opponent by any stretch. Lewis treated Douglas casually to say the least... And then Douglas got an injury and Lewis accepted Vitalie as a replacement.

one might say both men (Vitalie and Lewis) were not at their best. And its hard to say a person is being ducked when they were defeated in an earlier fight...but alas that is speculative.
              Who the **** is Kirk Douglas?... Did Lewis actually agree to fight Michael Douglas oldman?.. i am not really surprised by that. Lewis did mostly fight old hasbeens, drug addicts, drunks & steroid freaks. But wanting to fight Kirk Douglas would have been a tough fight to sell

This is actually quite an amazing statement from you. Your claiming Lewis was not in top condition. So we must excuse him LOL

Yet you turn a blind eye to Lewis fighting Mike Tyson when Tyson was years past his sell by date and addicted to prescription anti-depressants, alcohol, ******* & cannabis... You gloss over the condition of Tyson and glorify Lewis for his victory over him FFS.

As Lennox Lewis walked to his corner at the end of the opening round against Tyson. "Emmanuel Stewart is clearly heard saying to him, "You won't believe how bad he looks"... Yet you and Joeyzags, Knockedupned and crew claim it to be a legit victory.

You are not boxing fans, you guys are a bunch of "Willie-Woofters".. youz must be, youz cannot be anything else..youz certainly are not boxing fans who like to see a great boxing match.
              Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 07-08-2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

**ahem**

Sonnytoyboy still ducking
                ducking what?? i am still awaiting you showing me the links for the contracts you claim Lewis had... all you have posted up here are a few excerpts from micky-mouse comics.. i never even bothered reading any of them once i realized what they were... i said put up the links to the contracts you made claim of.

Comment

Yeah that was a reference to you saying you watched boxing since the 60s

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?
                  i can clearly recall watching boxing as far back as March 8th 1971 and onwards. i had an interest in the 60s and was given 2 pairs of gloves by an uncle, which me and my friends on the avenue used in mini-tournements on many occasions.

Comment

• Boring champs, RJJ, Hops, Winky...in fact Winky v Bhop is quite possibly THE WORST world level fight I have ever seen in my life, worse than Calzaghe v Bhop.

Mayweather, Rigo, Wlad are all quite boring, although hthe latter 2 actually have some KO power.

Comment

• [QUOTE=sonnyboyx2;15856440]
                      Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Who the **** is Kirk Douglas?... Did Lewis actually agree to fight Michael Douglas oldman?.. i am not really surprised by that. Lewis did mostly fight old hasbeens, drug addicts, drunks & steroid freaks. But wanting to fight Kirk Douglas would have been a tough fight to sell

This is actually quite an amazing statement from you. Your claiming Lewis was not in top condition. So we must excuse him LOL

Yet you turn a blind eye to Lewis fighting Mike Tyson when Tyson was years past his sell by date and addicted to prescription anti-depressants, alcohol, ******* & cannabis... You gloss over the condition of Tyson and glorify Lewis for his victory over him FFS.

As Lennox Lewis walked to his corner at the end of the opening round against Tyson. "Emmanuel Stewart is clearly heard saying to him, "You won't believe how bad he looks"... Yet you and Joeyzags, Knockedupned and crew claim it to be a legit victory.

You are not boxing fans, you guys are a bunch of "Willie-Woofters".. youz must be, youz cannot be anything else..youz certainly are not boxing fans who like to see a great boxing match.

Who was the butterball Lewis was supposed to fight? I always forget his name.... he was the original opponent slated for the spot Vitali took. He was not any threat to Lewis....

I have never commented on the Tyson Lewis fight, yes that was a very weak version of Tyson.... so don't put words in my emouth please.

And what kind of a hypocrite are you when you claim Vitali took the fight unprepared (short notice) and yet won't give Lewis the same consideration....You can be a real jackwad when you start this Lewis haterade.

Sonny you should not resort to the ******ity of making personal attacks when people disagree with you it makes you sound like a real dunce. You are more of a fan boy with grudges than a source of knowledge....you should keep that in mind when discussing the relative merits of boxing knowledge among posters.

Comment

Working...
                      X