Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why todays era is better than past eras. Discussion.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Theres no doubt he has some knowledge..has he stepped foot in a ring? Maybe Has he fought a real fight? No..Can he teach little kids? yes...ANYONE can who knows basic boxing,and hes an imbecile even if im 100% wrong anyway.....a DELUSIONAL one any which way you go however
    Yes, here's my theory...

I think he maybe trained in boxing for a short time at some point in his youth or was perhaps grown up around it and helped out (most likely emptying the spit buckets and sweeping the floors as he is so fond of saying lol).

He would have then, despite never actually fighting in the ring (which I am still rather sure of, since he betray's no personal concept of what it is really like) developed enough nouse to coach juniors and maybe hold mitts for amateur fighters.

Why he never entered the ring could have been for numerous reasons, like getting eat up early on, mother not wanting him to, a crippling injury or something, or simply being a wuss, who knows.

I doubt he's ever touched a pro fighter suffice to shake hands and if he has worked a corner, it could only have been in amateur and certainly only as the "towell boy" or something LOL.

So could he have been Tyson's towel boy in ammy? I guess it isn't out of the question, I would simply harbour grave reservations about that.

I mean the whole nut bag mythology is based upon one big lie, supported y many many more lies. So if he can lie like that, why not this?

Anyhow what do you think? I think in broad brush strokes, this is the story of Ray, or should we say from now on... "Mr. Towelly" LOL

The evidence leads that way...

-LAck of "higher level" boxing knowledge
    -Has never claimed to have fought at all! Presumably because he could be so easily busted on this count
    -Always talks about training "juniors"
    -Talks about sweeping floors and emptying buckets

and many more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      Yes, here's my theory...

I think he maybe trained in boxing for a short time at some point in his youth or was perhaps grown up around it and helped out (most likely emptying the spit buckets and sweeping the floors as he is so fond of saying lol).

He would have then, despite never actually fighting in the ring (which I am still rather sure of, since he betray's no personal concept of what it is really like) developed enough nouse to coach juniors and maybe hold mitts for amateur fighters.

Why he never entered the ring could have been for numerous reasons, like getting eat up early on, mother not wanting him to, a crippling injury or something, or simply being a wuss, who knows.

I doubt he's ever touched a pro fighter suffice to shake hands and if he has worked a corner, it could only have been in amateur and certainly only as the "towell boy" or something LOL.

So could he have been Tyson's towel boy in ammy? I guess it isn't out of the question, I would simply harbour grave reservations about that.

I mean the whole nut bag mythology is based upon one big lie, supported y many many more lies. So if he can lie like that, why not this?

Anyhow what do you think? I think in broad brush strokes, this is the story of Ray, or should we say from now on... "Mr. Towelly" LOL

The evidence leads that way...

-LAck of "higher level" boxing knowledge
      -Has never claimed to have fought at all! Presumably because he could be so easily busted on this count
      -Always talks about training "juniors"
      -Talks about sweeping floors and emptying buckets

and many more.

What do I think? Well as knowledgable as you are at most actual boxing topics....I honestly think this may be your best one yet the difference is we cant "OFFICIALLY" confirm any of what you say, and wont b/c a guy like Corso hides under a rock when its on the line..... .... and not the mindless rock that corso is!

Comment

What do I think? Well as knowledgable as you are at most actual boxing topics....I honestly think this may be your best one yet the difference is we cant "OFFICIALLY" confirm any of what you say, and wont b/c a guy like Corso hides under a rock when its on the line..... .... and not the mindless rock that corso is!
        Touche there big fella! (y)

Anyway one further intriguing piece of evidence is that Ray walks with a cane today (his own claim).

It could be that it's simply because he is old and needs one now but also he may have ALWAYS walked with a cane too. Which would place any role played by Ray into a mere "advisory" one (as he claims often to be an "evaluator") and any knowledge gained by listening (where he gained the nut bag ideals) and from watching (where someone of no personal expereince in the sport could pick up the basics but miss the subtle aspects of the sport, similar to how HE perceives US!)

Comment

• It would also neatly explain both his disgruntled disposition and also why he has never actually fought.

Comment

• I found the method for churls like those two. I ignore them and do not respond--ever. When I see adults foaming at the mouth at their baiting, or merely responding to them after all this time and after all this understanding of what they are, it causes me to look deeper at the situation and wonder if there are any adults in present milieu.

Why would another adult bother to defend Robby or Ali for the thousandth time against moronic insults? Why would they bother to come back again and again to defend oldtimers against vulgar baiting? Those who respond frothing are easy victims of purposeful chain yanking.

It is fun to watch a bunch of old farts suddenly spring to life rattling their false teeth, and that is what these two idiots know. They are having more fun than anyone else on here. They are having a ball because people who are supposedly rational adults keep responding to them passionately.

In the meantime, my radar tells me there must indeed be something symbiotic about this relation between yanker and responder, for it to continue so healthy. The responders seems to receive some satisfaction out of it, which I am unable to do. They need the release, I guess, or the awakening.

Myself, I am free, and these goons could not goad me into a response with a shaleley. For me, the conversation flows around them as if they were rocks in a stream. They do not exist and I seldom read their posts. It works. Most people, however, do not have my resolve and perspicacity in these matters. I know precisely what these two and a few others are up to, and it is not learning about boxing or having reasonable discussions. They are here strictly to get reactions, LOL at home, roll on the floor, then do it some more.

I won, they lost. Are there any more winners in this goat pen?
            Last edited by The Old LefHook; 11-16-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              Touche there big fella! (y)

Anyway one further intriguing piece of evidence is that Ray walks with a cane today (his own claim).

It could be that it's simply because he is old and needs one now but also he may have ALWAYS walked with a cane too. Which would place any role played by Ray into a mere "advisory" one (as he claims often to be an "evaluator") and any knowledge gained by listening (where he gained the nut bag ideals) and from watching (where someone of no personal expereince in the sport could pick up the basics but miss the subtle aspects of the sport, similar to how HE perceives US!)
              True..lol...however im not going to challenge his nonsense any further....I did have a bar fight with some of klitchkos guys...one I didn't start...I did win...is that harder to believe than an imbecile over the net claimimg Tyson advisor...teddys protector? sorry but its just dumb....this idiotic old fool throws namesd//family and so forth into it...my uncle did tutor bowe at a young age....sorry but that happened...I know one thing if I could jump out of someones computer in there house he would have nothing to say...we'll leave it at that so we don't ruin the thread!

Comment

• But, athletes today are better than past ones.

The Gold Medalist in the Men's Marathon at the 1932 Olympics, Juan Carlos Zabala, ran a time of 2:31:36. The Gold Medalist in the Marathon at the 2012 Olympics, Stephen Kiprotich, ran a time of 2:08:01. Zabala's time would get him placed in the 80s in the 2012 Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  But, athletes today are better than past ones.

The Gold Medalist in the Men's Marathon at the 1932 Olympics, Juan Carlos Zabala, ran a time of 2:31:36. The Gold Medalist in the Marathon at the 2012 Olympics, Stephen Kiprotich, ran a time of 2:08:01. Zabala's time would get him placed in the 80s in the 2012 Olympics.
                  Records are always broken,a sighn that athletes are better...remember we have also better equipment ,but I think overall it wouldn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                    But, athletes today are better than past ones.

The correct way to honour such past athlete would go something like this..

"What a tremendous achievement for Zabala to have run such a time in the 30's"

And not..

"Kiprotich could never hold a candle to Zabala".

The same is true of the boxers..

In ABSOLUE terms, guys like Ali, Robinson and Louis, do not even belong in the same ring as modern fighters, not even as spar partners most likely, they have utterly nothing to offer and are about as removed as a swordsman to a gunfighter.

But THAT'S OK! They were great in 1970, 50 and 30 and they ALWAYS WILL BE!

Is that not enough to be considered an ATG?

WHY must there e an elaborate hoax?

Comment

Records are always broken,a sighn that athletes are better...remember we have also better equipment ,but I think overall it wouldn't matter.
                      What equipment would a track and field runner have, other than better shoes?

Comment

Working...
                      X