• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
    1..... Hurricane Carter ko's Emile Griffith

2...... Bob Foster ko's Dick Tiger
    Good shouts.

The left-hook that crushed Tiger is just brutal!

You post far too rarely, Andy.

Comment

Knockouts that surprised you

I had previously posted :

Rubin Carter KO of Emile Griffith
      Bob Foster KO of Dick Tiger

But one that came to mind today and I thought was more
      surprising than those two was

Nino Benvenuti KO of Luis Rodriguez

All three are worth watching again on You Tube

Comment

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
        I had previously posted :

Rubin Carter KO of Emile Griffith
        Bob Foster KO of Dick Tiger

But one that came to mind today and I thought was more
        surprising than those two was

Nino Benvenuti KO of Luis Rodriguez

All three are worth watching again on You Tube
        That was a great left hook, and it was a shock.

Comment

Terry Norris vs Mugabi

Lennox crushing razor ruddock in the manner he did was pretty shocking at the time

Comment

Watson v Benn....the opening, almost half-forgotten fight of a long-running, classic series of fights that would take us all the way to the arrival of Calzaghe. Watson was peerless that night, stopped the most venomous form of Benn and dead in his tracks.

Danny Williams axeing Tyson, still believed that even 75 per cent of Tyson would blow Williams all the way back to Brixton, but Danny finished it brutally. Incredible.

Comment

Speaking of Lewis-Ruddock, Tyson getting knocked out by Douglas was shocking to most people at the time. Looking back, we can see how all his personal problems at the time led to it and the beginning of his self destruction.

Comment

Did anyone see Gonzalez-Mares coming? I didn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
                  I was wondering if there were any particular knockout wins that really surprised you. Ones where a fighter suddenly turned the fight around or kos which just came out of nowhere.

Obviously pac-Marquez 4 was a huge surprise

Martinez-Williams 2

Foreman-moorer

And last night's Figueroa-Estrada really surprised me considering how bad the cut was.

There was one which still sticks in my mind but I can't think for the life of me who it was. I can't tell when it was (between 70s and 80s from the looks of the footage) but basically one guy was behind on the scorecards, he gets hurt by a lunch and goes against the ropes, his opponent tries to finish him when he suddenly counters with a left hook that floors his opponent and wins the fight.

If anyone can think of any share please. And if there is any footage even better!
                  not a left hook but this fight is the first that came to my mind reading your description. Julian Jackson vs Herol Graham. Graham was winning comfortably and looked a future superstar up to this point

Julian Jackson just had ridiculous power for his size

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    not a left hook but this fight is the first that came to my mind reading your description. Julian Jackson vs Herol Graham. Graham was winning comfortably and looked a future superstar up to this point

Julian Jackson just had ridiculous power for his size
                    Not the one I was thinking of. It was an Argentinian against an American but this is a good one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post

There was one which still sticks in my mind but I can't think for the life of me who it was. I can't tell when it was (between 70s and 80s from the looks of the footage) but basically one guy was behind on the scorecards, he gets hurt by a lunch and goes against the ropes, his opponent tries to finish him when he suddenly counters with a left hook that floors his opponent and wins the fight.

Castro against John David Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                      X