• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAVID READ View Post
    RJJ v Tarver
    This is the one for me no question.

Rahman-Lewis I comes close to it.

Even Froch-Groves II I didn't see that KO coming at all - but in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't surprising.

Comment

RJJ-Tarver ruined my entire week. This was to me bigger than Tyson-Douglas. A lesser man would have cried.

Comment

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
        RJJ-Tarver ruined my entire week. This was to me bigger than Tyson-Douglas. A lesser man would have cried.
        I think it's the worst when a ko shows that someone is past their prime. The Tyson-Douglas showed his mental decline. But the roy one was worse because it showed he didn't have that speed and athleticism anymore.

Nobody wants to see a good guy go down via stoppage when they are starting to decline

Comment

Hopkins vs DLH came out of no where

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Hopkins vs DLH came out of no where
            I don't believe people who think he threw the fight. It doesn't take much to hurt someone when aiming for the liver.

Comment

Many were surprised by Douglas-Tyson and Tarver-Jones. I was surprised by the Douglas stoppage but I should have seen the writing on the wall. Tyson was going through personal issues with Robin and her mom. I didn't pay attention that since Don King ousted Rooney that Tyson was standing straight up and walking in because he was still knocking out opponents. It was big news before the fight when he was floored by Greg Page in sparring. The signs were there but most of us figured he would still destroy Douglas. We were wrong.

Tarver-Jones Jr. II, on the other hand was not so much a surprise to me. As soon as Jones announced he was dropping weight and was going to fight as a light heavyweight again, I had a feeling bad things were going to happen. I have seen this happen too many times in boxing to expect differently.

Comment

Andy Lee - Jackson is the most recent one i can think of

Comment

Robinson fulmar because of its one punch nature on such a durable fighter but any fight Sugar Ray was in could end suddenly.

Comment

Surprise knockouts

1..... Hurricane Carter ko's Emile Griffith

2...... Bob Foster ko's Dick Tiger

3...... SRR ko's Gene Fullmer

Comment

Gonzalez Mares

Comment

Working...
                      X