Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest punch you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still, that doesn't lessen the power behind the punch. It may lessen the impact a little-- maybe a couple percentage points less broken jaw? lol-- but Like Mike and the commentators said after the punch, I don't care who you are, you would have gone down with that punch.

I don't agree, guy. Put it in this context: A corvette runs into a baby stroller at 170 mph and totally obliterates it. Now that same corvette runs into a steele wall at the same speed and causes a significant dent in the wall. Same speed right? Same power. The object of the force doesn't lessen the force it just lessens the impact a little. Plus, we're talking jaws, here. I've seen 120 pound guys take hard punches and stay up; whereas, a 220 pound guy with a weak jaw would take the same punch and fold, easily.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
      If Tyson-Johnson is the hardest punch you've ever seen....then that means it's the hardest Mike Tyson punch you've seen, or know of.

That means, the hardest Mike Tyson punch you've ever seen, KO'd a guy 23 & 1/2 lbs smaller than Mike.
      That, means you don't think Mike hits all that hard, lb4lb., does it ?

Dude, read what I just said. Size isn't always a clear cut indicative of a persons ability to sustain a punch. Plus, I can't see anyone taking that punch and standing up. Do you honestly think that a person could take the punch like Johnson did and stand? And besides, the power behind the punch is what make it powerful. Force, buddy, force.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelfist
        Still, that doesn't lessen the power behind the punch. It may lessen the impact a little-- maybe a couple percentage points less broken jaw? lol-- but Like Mike and the commentators said after the punch, I don't care who you are, you would have gone down with that punch.

I don't agree, guy. Put it in this context: A corvette runs into a baby stroller at 170 mph and totally obliterates it. Now that same corvette runs into a steele wall at the same speed and causes a significant dent in the wall. Same speed right? Same power. The object of the force doesn't lessen the force it just lessens the impact a little. Plus, we're talking jaws, here. I've seen 120 pound guys take hard punches and stay up; whereas, a 220 pound guy with a weak jaw would take the same punch and fold, easily.
        Johnson was a 196 lb mediocrity. All of that, does make that punch have more of an effect.
        I seriously doubt that punch would have anywhere near the same impact on a 215-220lb fighter, who can fight.

Comment

Couldnt of said it better myself.
          You wanna see the Tyson punch again to see the impact, then download this:

Mike Tyson vs Michael "Jack" Johnson
          http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JP7DT7V2
          86.1 MB

Comment

I think....most people who really know boxing would agree with me.

If you guys think significant weight & class issues don't make a difference, oh well.

I think it's a huge factor.

Comment

I seriously doubt that punch would have anywhere near the same impact on a 215-220lb fighter, who can fight.

I don't know, man. It looked like a ****in sledgehammer. I don't know of a man alive that could have taken the punch in the stationary position that Johsnon was in and still be standing. If you know of one, find me that guy, and we should start constucting our buildings with his jaw bones.

Comment

I don't know, man. It looked like a ****in sledgehammer. I don't know of a man alive that could have taken the punch in the stationary position that Johsnon was in and still be standing. If you know of one, find me that guy, and we should start constucting our buildings with his jaw bones.
                Not only his jaw broke, some teeth were lost too.

Comment

George Foreman, Oliver McCall, Ray Mercer...
                  wouldn't have blinked.
                  Big, world-class fighters.

Comment

I think....most people who really know boxing would agree with me.

If you guys think significant weight & class issues don't make a difference, oh well.

I think it's a huge factor.

On the contrary, I think anyone with any common sense or slight knowledge of physics would understand what I'm saying. Again, it may lessen IMPACT a little, but FORCE, which equals the "hardness of a punch", is what we're talking about here.

Comment

Tyosn's greatest punch = his KO of an 11-5-1 cruiserweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X