Hardest punch you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NextRocky
    actually the cheek
    Oh yeah, didn't that punch mess up his natural bone structure of his face?

Comment

yea i think

Comment

Originally posted by NextRocky
        were talkin about the hardest punch not the funniest. if tysons punch was harder then rockys why wasnt johnson unconsious. mine are rocky ko's walcott and patterson vs. ingo when he wins back the title

You ever considered that the Walcott punch was done in the 13th round when Walcott was tired? The combination of his fatigue and the punch are what knocked him out cold, not the punch itself. And, seriously, did you see the Johsnon punch? I wasn't there, but I'd say that the guy was unconcious for a moment. Here's how powerfull the Tyson punch was: when Johsnon got hit, the ref immediately called the fight; however, when Walcott was hit, there was still a count that went on. That speaks on the perception of the impact of both punches. When you saw the Tyson punch you were like, owww, this guy is definetly done.

Plus, Walcott was able to get up soon after the ko; Johnson was on the canvas for the better half of at least 10 minutes. His jaw was totally destroyed, also.
        Last edited by the traveler; 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Mike Tyson outweighed Johnson by quite a bit.
          Guy was a blown-up cruiserweight !
          It was a bomb, but considering the fact that Johnson was a much smaller guy, & a mediocrity- it doesn't rate.

Hearns KO Duran
          Jackson KO Norris
          Benitez KO Hope
          Arguello KO Rooney
          Spinks KO Marvin Johnson

Comment

Tyson outweighed Johnson by 23 1/2 lbs.

Totally unimpressed.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
              Mike Tyson outweighed Johnson by quite a bit.
              Guy was a blown-up cruiserweight !
              It was a bomb, but considering the fact that Johnson was a much smaller guy, & a mediocrity- it doesn't rate.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but that really doesn't make any sense. What does a guys size have to do with the power of the punch? Are you saying that if Johnson was bigger or a better fighter that that some how would have made the punch harder? lol

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
                Tyson outweighed Johnson by 23 1/2 lbs.

Totally unimpressed.

Call it an unimpressive ko if you want, but the topic of this thread is HARDEST PUNCH not most spectacular or impressive.

Tyson's ko of Johnson, was pretty impressive in my book, because of the power behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelfist
                  I'm not trying to be an ass, but that really doesn't make any sense. What does a guys size have to do with the power of the punch? Are you saying that if Johnson was bigger or a better fighter that that some how would have made the punch harder? lol

No...I'm saying if Johnson was bigger, the punch would not have had the same impact.

Imagine if instead of hitting Terry Norris with that right, Julian Jackson had hit Manny Pacquiao ?
                  Pacquiao would be dead.

Same weight difference.....

Comment

It doesn't take as much power to hurt a smaller man.
                    That's why I don't think the punch was as hard as you do.

Comment

If Tyson-Johnson is the hardest punch you've ever seen....then that means it's the hardest Mike Tyson punch you've seen, or know of.

That means, the hardest Mike Tyson punch you've ever seen, KO'd a guy 23 & 1/2 lbs smaller than Mike.
                      That, means you don't think Mike hits all that hard, lb4lb., does it ?

Comment

Working...
                      X