No announcement yet.

Would Joe Louis have stopped George Chavalo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    How much do you think Joe Frazier weighed when he stopped Chuvalo?
    True,,

I was going under the impression of it being a clean ko, not a ref stoppage..

Yes a ref stoppage is a legit possibilty, i just cant see louis laying him out

Comment

Took a peek at his record;
      Louis was a 75% KO ratio, thats high in any weight class! 52 KO's in 69 bouts.
      3 losses 2 stoppage his KO looses were 15 years apart!

Thats pretty good when your in with the big boys. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Having a great chin isn't always a good thing: Sometimes it means you take a brutal battering that a weaker chinned fighter would have been sparred.
        That is 100 percent correct.

And with all of his wars in the era of the best heavyweight fighter assembly in history, Chavalo is still 100 percent lucid with all of his facility's still intact.

Which is astonishing.

As I said in my previous post, the truck would have undoubtedly been damaged in a head on with Chavalo.

EDIT: Or in layman's terms "That's one tough Mother Fu@ker!"
        Last edited by U_TALKING_2_ME?; 11-23-2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
          That is 100 percent correct.

And with all of his wars in the era of the best heavyweight fighter assembly in history, Chavalo is still 100 percent lucid with all of his facility's still intact.

Which is astonishing.

As I said in my previous post, the truck would have undoubtedly been damaged in a head on with Chavalo.

EDIT: Or in layman's terms "That's one tough Mother Fu@ker!"
          Ironic isn't it? And some fighters that didn't get hit clean much wind up punch drunk. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
            Chavalo is still 100 percent lucid with all of his facility's still intact.
            In a recent interview, Chuvalo commented on the backside of his former occupation.
            He is fully aware of that he can be struck with sudden dementia tomorrow, so every new day he is waking up healthy, he sees as a gift.
            Shouldn't we all?

Comment

Yeah, Louis would probably stun Chuvalo and knock him into the ropes for the TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Ironic isn't it? And some fighters that didn't get hit clean much wind up punch drunk. Go figure.

There was a blurb where a doctor actually commented that Chavez's cranium had extra density. I guess they were performing a routine of some sort.....They had at one point told me during an Xray that my leg was so dense that the xray had to be redone...so I know this can happen!

This may explain some reasons for the ability to take a punch.

Anyhow I know for a fact that my wife has the thickest skull.....never mind.

Comment

See the Max Baer fight.

I think Chuvalo goes out on his knee or his face if they have a ref from Louis' time. Louis' offense would break any chin if it was there for the taking long enough with nothing to keep him honest. I think Chuvalo wouldnt be able to deal with his jab, again, like Baer.

Chuvalo will try to assert his strength and walk into many loaded traps. Eventually he would flinch and Louis would be ready to tee off. Unlike Frazier and Foreman, Louis punches in fast combinations with great accuracy. Itd be a bad ending for a good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                    In a recent interview, Chuvalo commented on the backside of his former occupation.
                    He is fully aware of that he can be struck with sudden dementia tomorrow, so every new day he is waking up healthy, he sees as a gift.
                    Shouldn't we all?
                    Any day you wake up alive without anything seriously ****ed up with you is a beautiful day.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      There was a blurb where a doctor actually commented that Chavez's cranium had extra density. I guess they were performing a routine of some sort.....They had at one point told me during an Xray that my leg was so dense that the xray had to be redone...so I know this can happen!

This may explain some reasons for the ability to take a punch.

Anyhow I know for a fact that my wife has the thickest skull.....never mind.
                      Years ago i had a friend who was atacked by tree guys with bats and the doctora said the same about him and said it was a miracle he was still alive let alone leaving the hospital th next morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X