Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow...Thomas Hearns is a tool

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, they weren't "greeters" they were just out and about.

Tommy Hearns was waiting for a taxi outside the MGM.

Adrien Broner and his people were by the Elavators at MGM.

I've met plently of fighters at a "Meet and Greet" kind of thing.

The guys I met in Vegas were just out and about on fight week.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      No, they weren't "greeters" they were just out and about.

Tommy Hearns was waiting for a taxi outside the MGM.

Adrien Broner and his people were by the Elavators at MGM.

I've met plently of fighters at a "Meet and Greet" kind of thing.

The guys I met in Vegas were just out and about on fight week.

i really need to get to vegas for a big fight.

we get decent fights over here, but it's just not the same.

Comment

I didn't mention Broner or Thomas name did I? Current fighters (Broner) aren't paid greeters, obviously!!! Hearns has enough money to sustain himself!! I meant the usual meet and greet that alot of former pros do to pick up some pay!! I thought you knew what I meant! Ray.
        Last edited by Ray Corso; 05-18-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          I didn't mention Broner or Thomas name did I? Current fighters (Broner) aren't paid greeters, obviously!!! Hearns has enough money to sustain himself!! I meant the usual meet and greet that alot of former pros do to pick up some pay!! I thought you knew what I meant! Ray.
          Oh yes, of course. I misunderstood.

Leon Spinks was there doing a meet and greet autograph signing in a shop but I didn't go inside.

Comment

Years ago I worked at the marriot marquee in new york and we met some figters. Shannon Briggs (looked husky) the Cuban National Team, etc.

Comment

Wow.. i read the thread first and was expecting something terrible, then i listen to the clip and thats all?

I think its safe to say we have all been more rude than that at some point. You can catch anyone on a bad day. The real problem is too many people judge others based on isolated incidents that dont necessarily reflect how the person generally is.

Especially celebreties, no matter where they go people acknowledge their presence and they wont always be in the best mood. Then these real tools get all "ohh he thinks hes a big shot" but thats not necessarily the case.

Like i said we all have bad days, difference is us regular people can walk down the street in a bad mood without dozens of strangers approaching us. If they did we would probably get short with people too on occassion.

Even being a regular guy you can bet there are people out there that ran into you at the wrong time and think you are a complete douche. Difference is it doesnt make headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Im shocked at Broner being cool, i thought he would be a royal prick! You watch that About Billions show of his?
                Broner is a totally different guy off camera. He puts on a show for the cameras like Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  adrian broner and his crew of flunkies aren't getting paid as "greeters."

hearns might be doing this, but it's really not out of the question to see a fighter hanging out in a hotel lobby during the weekend of a big fight.

i don't get to vegas, but i'm at a lot of the big fights in CT and new york, and i see fighters shooting the breeze with fans all the time. most active fighters are very approachable, and they love the attention. i don't need to tell you that, ray, but i want to make sure we're properly representing the fighters.

to the guys in the thread:
                  if you see a boxer in public and he doesn't look explicitly busy (with his family, eating dinner, etc) i always suggest talking to him. most of them really appreciate the fans, and they love the attention. worst case scenario is that he's a bit rude, and then you call him out on the bscene
                  That's one thing I like about the media and the Internet is that this stuff is known a lot sooner. It used to be you'd have to wait until a star was older or for someone to release a biography or tell all book. Now this information is at your fingertips. You just have to make sure it's accurate though, like this first hand experience is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Only fighters i had the chance to talk to but chose not to were Calzaghe and Eamon Mgee! Mgee was on his own standing in the reception area of the MEN Arena years back and he just looked mean as fuck, his face had piss off written all over it so i thought id leave him be lol! Joe? I was Not interested....
                    I woulda talked to Joe, at least for maybe a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      Wow.. i read the thread first and was expecting something terrible, then i listen to the clip and thats all?

I think its safe to say we have all been more rude than that at some point. You can catch anyone on a bad day. The real problem is too many people judge others based on isolated incidents that dont necessarily reflect how the person generally is.

Especially celebreties, no matter where they go people acknowledge their presence and they wont always be in the best mood. Then these real tools get all "ohh he thinks hes a big shot" but thats not necessarily the case.

Like i said we all have bad days, difference is us regular people can walk down the street in a bad mood without dozens of strangers approaching us. If they did we would probably get short with people too on occassion.

Even being a regular guy you can bet there are people out there that ran into you at the wrong time and think you are a complete douche. Difference is it doesnt make headlines.
                      Yeah, we all have our bad days, but when you keep hearing about this over and over again, you can be pretty sure that someone is a tool to their fans usually. Maybe someone like Hearns is a nice guy when he's not meeting fans, but around people he knows a little better, but he seems to be a douche when fans approach him. For all we know, he could do it to get that reputation to keep fans from bothering him or he could just not be nice to fans. Either way, it still kinda sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X