Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who beats a prime hit man hearns at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Prime Winky wright would give him Problems. not saying win because winky has a great jab and great defense.

Tito because he has power in that left hook and Hearns does have a shaky chin.

De La Hoya. Even tho his Prime was welterweight, i think his fights with Mosley, fargas show he could fight elite at 154.

Comment

No one? This thread is more serious than I anticipated. Where's the Canelo suggestions? GGG? :|..

On a serious note...Oscar had quite the chin an is a good mention. Does he win? Probably not but he'd belong in the ring imo.

Comment

John Mugabi if he could catch Tommy early and keep him down...

Comment

Mike Mcallum would have the best shot but John Mugabe could KO him if he landed something big early.

Comment

I think a prime Pac gives him A LOT of problems at 150.

Comment

if mugabi or julian jackson were to catch hearns, believe me hearns would stay down. them two could crack. but would they get him before he got them? i wouldnt put a c note on it. canelo wouldnt even enter the eastern states let alone get in with hearns. right now canelo wont even fight pac. he's too easy to hit to put in with anyone with above average power

Comment

I'd gamble Mugabi would get put to sleep before he catches Hearns. Mugabi could punch(perhaps even harder than the Hitman himself) but he was susceptible to getting rocked and Hearns was a much better boxer than him.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                  Margarito would get his face blown apart by right hands if he fought Hearns. You cant walk Hearns down face first with open defence like Margarito.
                  Iran Barkley and Marvin Hagler both walked down Hearns face first. "Blah blah blah Hagler wasn't just a slugger" he was for that fight.

Also John Mugabi is a C level fighter he wouldn't make it out of the first round with Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Iran Barkley and Marvin Hagler both walked down Hearns face first. "Blah blah blah Hagler wasn't just a slugger" he was for that fight.

Also John Mugabi is a C level fighter he wouldn't make it out of the first round with Hearns
                    True, but Hearns was past prime vs Barkley, and vs Hagler is a different story to Margarito, Hagler had one of the best chins ever and he was way faster than Margarito, a middleweight too, and much more skilled and better at closing the distance. The way Margarito moves in is way different to how Hagler moves in, even if he was just brawling vs Hearns he still does things way faster than Margarito. I feel Margaritos slow advances and open guard would just be literal target practice for Hearns, can't see Margarito doing anything or setting himself before he gets tagged.

Comment

margarita would get broke up like pie crust. hagler,barkley n toney were all 160lb fighters. the question was purposely for the 154 division. at 160 we got others who might go even money with hearns if not favorite, nunn, monzon, McClelland, roy jones,hopkins but at 154, I think u guys called it, mccallum but I wouldn't bet on it

Comment

Working...
                      X