Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    woah!

i bet that place was rocking!
    Oh it was Believe me!!! Big scary looking skin head dude next to me was CRYING when Hatton pulled it off, i was doing a celebratory Jig with randoms, place was fuckin Electric!
    Was an honor to see Tszyu though, i thought he'd mince Ricky in 3 even though i was rooting for The Hitman

Comment

Best I ever saw

Was in MSG on 3/8/71 for the FOTC.

In the top tier for $20

A night to remember.....no doubt Smokin Joe won

Comment

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
        Was in MSG on 3/8/71 for the FOTC.

In the top tier for $20

A night to remember.....no doubt Smokin Joe won
        Nobody here is going to beat that. I've been to some notable fights, but none of them even begin to compare to that classic.
        Last edited by Scott9945; 05-08-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          way before my time, brother. any film i've seen of starling has been well after the fact, and obviously i can't remember his prime. i'm 26, making me a baby in history section terms
          Yeah well I'm 37 but it sounds like you've still watched a lot more boxing than I have, which is why I come here. To learn about this great sport's history from those who know it well and have done their research and seen the great fighters for themselves, live or on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Nobody is here going to beat that. I've been to some notable fights, but none of them even begin to compare to that classic.
            Yeah, unless someone here actually saw Louis-Schmeling 2 or The Thrilla in Manila live.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I saw all of those guys in their prime.

First fight I remember watching was Ali-Liston 1 so I don't think I caught any great fighters at their tale end. Atleast I don't recall, I may have. My Uncle used to tell me I watched a lot of old timers live as a very young kid but I don't recall it.

Best fighters I've ever seen on tape are Ezzard Charles and Ray Robinson.
              on tape: This ^^^

Live: Duran, but by the time I paid attention he was past his prime, and then I get to the very difficult subject of who I rank higher among SRL, Pea, RJ and PBF

Live in attendance: Rafael Marquez (I guess, I am actually not sure who I saw live, but I have never been to big fights. I would rather get good seats for less known fighters )

Comment

Live in attendence- Floyd Mayweather jr (Three times)

The second best live would be Lennox Lewis (Two times)

Third would be Vitali Klitschko (Two times)

On video: Ali

Comment

Some of u fella's have seen some seriously awesome fighters!

Quick question, who in your opinion is the better fighter Roy or Floyd?

Comment

Talent wise, I probably give the edge to Floyd because his reflexes have stayed fairly solid, as he gets older, seems to rely not only on athetic ability, but training, but Roy was a great natural, athletic talent in his prime. Resume wise, I don't even know, I might give Roy the edge because he stayed at middle for a while and light heavyweight for a long time. I believe the only major light heavy he didn't fight was Michalczewski because he wouldn't leave Germany to fight him? So I'll go with Floyd, but it's close.

Comment

Best fighters seen live - Lennox Lewis , mike mccallum , George foreman , azumah nelson

Favourite fighter seen live - Lloyd honeyghan , Nigel benn

Honourable mentions - chris eubank, herol Graham, Michael Watson , tony sibson , Maurice blocker, mark breland , johnny bumphus , jim McDonnell , herbie hide , johnny nelson , glenwood brown , Crawford Ashley , Colin McMillan ,Clinton Mckenzie , errol christie , Gary mason , mark kaylor , chris pyatt , frank Bruno , joe bugner ,mark reefer, Henry wharton ,Sean murphy, Anthony Logan
                      Last edited by rsf; 05-13-2013, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X