No announcement yet.

Best Fighters u ever saw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched live - Larry Holmes

From older footages and newer footages of boxing - Ray Robinson it's a obvious answer but damn he is so far ahead of his time and he did beat some solid opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      The Greatest is Sugar Ray Robinson, we have plenty of videos and I personally know people who saw him live and others who have fought him or sparred him.
      The Greatest I've seen live was The Greatest Ali, Ali in the ring looked huge yet outside in slacks and a shirt didn't look big at all he appeared fairly tall but not wide or thick at all. I worked for Ali in his Ali Productions company for about 4 months until we realized he was being ripped off and we left! Many people told him what the deal was and he eventually bailed out!
      Theres far to many excellant boxers for me to name that I worked with and against and witnessed on shows.
      Heres a few that prepped with me at my gym;
      Earnie Shavers
      Mat Saad Muhammed
      Ray Leonard
      Juan LaPorte'
      Marlon Starling
      Mike Tyson
      .............all of these fellows were capable of fighting great fights!
      Theres so many more I've seen that are major players then theirs the ones who had more than enough talent that just couldn't get by! I remember all of them! Ray.

i haven't been to any fights in new england in over a year, but i got pretty used to seeing starling at the fights in CT. the man was always dressed to impress.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr for both questions

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          The Greatest is Sugar Ray Robinson, we have plenty of videos and I personally know people who saw him live and others who have fought him or sparred him.
          The Greatest I've seen live was The Greatest Ali, Ali in the ring looked huge yet outside in slacks and a shirt didn't look big at all he appeared fairly tall but not wide or thick at all. I worked for Ali in his Ali Productions company for about 4 months until we realized he was being ripped off and we left! Many people told him what the deal was and he eventually bailed out!
          Theres far to many excellant boxers for me to name that I worked with and against and witnessed on shows.
          Heres a few that prepped with me at my gym;
          Earnie Shavers
          Mat Saad Muhammed
          Ray Leonard
          Juan LaPorte'
          Marlon Starling
          Mike Tyson
          .............all of these fellows were capable of fighting great fights!
          Theres so many more I've seen that are major players then theirs the ones who had more than enough talent that just couldn't get by! I remember all of them! Ray.
          Cool stuff. Talk about showing off hahaha. Sounds like some fun times there.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i haven't been to any fights in new england in over a year, but i got pretty used to seeing starling at the fights in CT. the man was always dressed to impress.
            Marlon Starling was the original Magic Man before Antonio Tarver, if I remember correctly.

Comment

loved starling n he was something else, clearly self taught unorthodox style, one of my personal favorites but the best I've ever seen? gotta go with the one guy who was clearly too much for starling, Donald curry. curry before honeyghan was absolutely flawless. stand right in front of u n not get hit but tear your head off in the process. he was like a more precision version of ray robinson tho admittedly he didn't fight the quality/longevity of robinson. dead even with curry, id say was cassius clay v liston, untouchable n even in the couple rounds with the liniment stingin his eyes was able to deal with the monstrous liston. u might not think much of liston now but he was a beast in his time and considered for atg before the ali fights. I coulda said haggler n holmes but haggler looked unbeatable fighting the come get it guys either circling and pickin them apart and wearing them out or surgically removing them from the fight like he did caveman, hamani, scypion n hearns but like holmes, he was rarely matched with a mover. holmes never fought tubs or page, haggler didn't fight shuler or davison. I don't think that was by accident neither. they was all good tho. just like yall, I luv boxing

Comment

2 more, y not? Camacho v jose luis Ramirez, full distance and I wonder if Ramirez even landed a punch. also, hilmer kenty v espana, both fights was unbelievable, pretty much shutout espana.

Comment

Id say the Best Fighter i have seen Live in attendance would probably be Kostya Tszyu (vs Ricky Hatton)

The Best Fighter ive seen in real time would be, and this one is more difficult, His Royness - Mr Jones Jnr

All Time has to be the one and only Sugar Ray Robinson, which i hate saying as it seems just like the easy pick but it's that way for a reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Marlon Starling was the original Magic Man before Antonio Tarver, if I remember correctly.

way before my time, brother. any film i've seen of starling has been well after the fact, and obviously i can't remember his prime. i'm 26, making me a baby in history section terms

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      Id say the Best Fighter i have seen Live in attendance would probably be Kostya Tszyu (vs Ricky Hatton)

The Best Fighter ive seen in real time would be, and this one is more difficult, His Royness - Mr Jones Jnr

All Time has to be the one and only Sugar Ray Robinson, which i hate saying as it seems just like the easy pick but it's that way for a reason!

woah!

i bet that place was rocking!

Comment

Working...
                      X