Armstrong,
    Louis,
    Prime Tyson,
    Greb,
    Pep,
    Moore,
    Charles,
    I can go on..........
    All Great fighters my man but i dont see how anyone can have say Jake La Motta over Mayweather P4P

Comment

yes, some of the 'better then floyd p4p' names are silly.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Shane Mosley was considered a major threat and unanimously considered to be one of the 3 beat P4P fighters in he world at the time Mayweather fought him.

The idea of Mayweather stepping in the ring with Mosley in 2010 was considered fantasy and next to impossible but of course as per usual once Mayweather fights him and beats him its a complete 180.

The same thing will happen when he fights Canelo.
        Are you kidding! At the time Mayweather fought Mosley, Mosley was approaching 40, had been beat twice by Forrest and twice by Winky Wright. He was also beat by Cotto. He was past his prime.
        Mayweather picked opponents too carefully to ever be in the same room as Hearns and Duran, much less the all time greats of the past. Name one weight class Mayweather was the undisputed champion in. Can't be done.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
          Are you kidding! At the time Mayweather fought Mosley, Mosley was approaching 40, had been beat twice by Forrest and twice by Winky Wright. He was also beat by Cotto. He was past his prime.
          Mayweather picked opponents too carefully to ever be in the same room as Hearns and Duran, much less the all time greats of the past. Name one weight class Mayweather was the undisputed champion in. Can't be done.
          Name one weight class Hearns was the Undisputed Champion of?

Comment

floyd is successful, but boring

Comment

Originally posted by titanium
              Name one weight class Mayweather was the undisputed champion in. Can't be done.
              Super-feather

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Name one weight class Hearns was the Undisputed Champion of?
                Robinson and Leonard where undisputed champs in two separate weight classes, they weren't just titlists that gathered titles from the easiest paper champions.

Hearns beat far more fighters that went on to be champion later. A sign that his biggest wins weren't over guys at the end of fighters careers when they weren't a sure win. Hearns fought to prove himself and took on anybody without concern if he would look good. If he fought today he could have gone undefeated because today it is acceptable to gather belts without really finding out if you are the best in your division. Hearns twice won the light heavy title which was almost 30 pounds over he normal weight. Mayweather won the welterweight title which is 17 pounds heaver then super feather weight. And Mayweather still refuses to fight the big welters. Baldomir is the only welterweight he fought that did not fight most of his career at a lighter weight. Everybody else moved up. Mayweather is a hall of famer but his resume has been planned and not top ten material.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                  Robinson and Leonard where undisputed champs in two separate weight classes, they weren't just titlists that gathered titles from the easiest paper champions.
                  I doubt many people say Mayweather is greater than Robinson or Leonard.

Hearns beat far more fighters that went on to be champion later. A sign that his biggest wins weren't over guys at the end of fighters careers when they weren't a sure win. Hearns fought to prove himself and took on anybody without concern if he would look good. If he fought today he could have gone undefeated because today it is acceptable to gather belts without really finding out if you are the best in your division.
                  Hearns lost to the best fighters he faced. Now I like Hearns but that is a fact. Fighting anybody doesn't warrant a good resume, beating anybody does. He still has some very good wins though, I'm not knocking him as he's a great fighter but I'm not going to pretend Floyd is a million miles away from him in terms of greatness.

Hearns twice won the light heavy title which was almost 30 pounds over he normal weight. Mayweather won the welterweight title which is 17 pounds heaver then super feather weight.
                  It's to do more with a percentage of weight increase rather than the mere weight increase. I'll do some calculations with my famous Rigondeaux Calculator:

Mayweather Jump - 130 ---> 154 = 24 pounds.
                  Hearns Jump - 147 - -----> 175 = 28 pounds.

Mayweather % = 24/130 = 18.5% weight increase.
                  Hearns % = 28/147 = 19.0% weight increase.

So in reality Mayweather has been just as impressive moving up in weight and winning titles.

And Mayweather still refuses to fight the big welters. Baldomir is the only welterweight he fought that did not fight most of his career at a lighter weight. Everybody else moved up. Mayweather is a hall of famer but his resume has been planned and not top ten material.
                  Of course it's not top 10 material but you're being incredibly harsh. Considering Mayweather was prime at like 130-140 he's done very well to be fighting and beating Top fighters at 147 and 154.
                  Last edited by Barn; 05-06-2013, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
                    floyd is successful, but boring
                    Im not one of these purest guys who cant get enough of technical boxing like say the performances Big Wlad puts on - I like a Rumble! But i honestly find Mayweather's style a joy to watch, if u cant appreciate that level of artistry then im not sure boxing is the right sport for u. Its not as if he doesn't engage. When Floyd fights i make damn sure i watch because u know u are going to see quality clean work and it will be some time before there is another with skill level for us to watch, cheer and or lambast

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                      Super-feather

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      Nope, Joel Casamayor was WBA titlist. HBO pushed Mayweather for that fight but Mayweather refused. Bad style match up I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                      X