No announcement yet.

Floyd is P4P #2 ever after SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Bolded fighters are not as great as Mayweather IMO.
    Because he beat Robert "no show" Guerrero. Pryor would have killed him, marciano, frazier, dempsey, had too much chin heart determination and power for him, Tyson had extreme speed at heavy could u imagine p4p? power, aggression, head movement - like i said floyds predictable run run run lead right hand pot shot, or lean back pull shot wouldn't work with tyson - but hey it's opinion's like these that make the odds so good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
      but hey it's opinion's like these that make the odds so good for me.
      How much money have you won betting against Mayweather so far, pal?

Comment

How much money have you won betting against Mayweather so far, pal?
        Lol i've never bet against mayweather because he hasn't fought anyone that wasn't a 70/30 fight at least in his favour:

DLH - 147 years old no?
        Shane Mosley - Not going to mention the age thing as he just came off...in my opinion one of the best wins of his career against Margarito, he looked amazing that night - but no way was that the same SM in there against floyd - against margarito he was throwing heavy combination hayemakers round after round, against mayweather he gassed after 3 and was never the same - that could of been from a number of factors.
        Hatton - overrated
        Corrales - i love chico, one of my all time favourites but he was elite and that was a bad chico
        Cotto - how many beatings had he taken before that fight?
        Guerrero - again no where near elite of all time
        who has he fought to warrant a 50/50 fight?
        And please, don't say "he's had no one because hes been that good" he's the best managed fighter of all time and that's because he is extremely smart and clued up about boxing as of course one would be by being in boxing and around the people he has been since being born; Margarito he could have fought when he was in his prime - but ducked out that to fight carlos baldomir??? (not saying tony would have beaten him), Paul Williams he ducked, loads he has ducked.

Comment

Lol i've never bet against mayweather because he hasn't fought anyone that wasn't a 70/30 fight at least in his favour:

DLH - 147 years old no?
          Shane Mosley - Not going to mention the age thing as he just came off...in my opinion one of the best wins of his career against Margarito, he looked amazing that night - but no way was that the same SM in there against floyd - against margarito he was throwing heavy combination hayemakers round after round, against mayweather he gassed after 3 and was never the same - that could of been from a number of factors.
          Hatton - overrated
          Corrales - i love chico, one of my all time favourites but he was elite and that was a bad chico
          Cotto - how many beatings had he taken before that fight?
          Guerrero - again no where near elite of all time
          who has he fought to warrant a 50/50 fight?
          And please, don't say "he's had no one because hes been that good" he's the best managed fighter of all time and that's because he is extremely smart and clued up about boxing as of course one would be by being in boxing and around the people he has been since being born; Margarito he could have fought when he was in his prime - but ducked out that to fight carlos baldomir??? (not saying tony would have beaten him), Paul Williams he ducked, loads he has ducked.
          So in conclusion your previous post was pointless. You stated my opinion of Mayweather made the odds good? I'm it assuming made the odds good for the people he is facing to beat him. Yet, you have made no money from him so why on Earth did you say that as if it had any relevance?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Well he might fight Martinez now, with the knee and hand injuries he has now and considering he didn't look too good in his last fight, but still probably won't. Martinez from a little while back even that knocked out Williams I don't think he would fight. Ward he would only fight if he were past prime.
            Are you seriously suggesting Mayweather Fights ward.... how about Ward fights the Klitschko's?

Comment

So in conclusion your previous post was pointless. You stated my opinion of Mayweather made the odds good? I'm it assuming made the odds good for the people he is facing to beat him. Yet, you have made no money from him so why on Earth did you say that as if it had any relevance?
              No- maybe you need to read better, or maybe I need to explain better for people of your IQ stature. "People like you make odds better for me" i.e a lot of people who don't know boxing but bet on a fighter making his odds less, and thus the others better. E.g winky wright was nearing 4 to 1 against Tito Trinidad- needless to say I snapped that up

Comment

No- maybe you need to read better, or maybe I need to explain better for people of your IQ stature. "People like you make odds better for me" i.e a lot of people who don't know boxing but bet on a fighter making his odds less, and thus the others better. E.g winky wright was nearing 4 to 1 against Tito Trinidad- needless to say I snapped that up
                We were posting about Mayweather and your statement was evidently directed at my high-rating of him as that's all we've been discussing you utter ******.

You think Jack Dempsey and Aaron Pryor are greater than Mayweather, get out of here you misinformed/stupid ****.

Comment

greatness is based on resume

what have you accomplished? who did you beat and when? who beat you / who couldn't you beat when given the opportunity?

there are lots of much more accomplished boxers than floyd mayweather jr.

now, if you want to say that he's one of the best fighters that you've ever seen, then that's ok with me.

floyd mayweather is among the very best defensive fighters that i've seen. he's among the best technicians. his reflexes at his peak were as good as i've seen. obviously i have not seen every great fighter extensively, but i've for sure seen most of them.

Comment

You have to consider his level of competition

Anyone can be undefeated if they cherrypick

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      All Great fighters my man but i dont see how anyone can have say Jake La Motta over Mayweather P4P

his win over ray robinson is greater than anything floyd's got on his resume.

now, that said, robinson avenged that loss five times, with a ref stoppage in there, back when you needed to really batter a durable fighter to get a fight stopped. floyd's a more accomplished / greater fighter than jake lamotta.

floyd mayweather's got a lengthy resume of less than top historic competition, but he's been a championship level fighter since the 90's, fighting most of his best competition along the way. his comp has been good - very good, but rarely, if ever great. he's never fought a great WW in his prime.

he's a top 50 fighter, for sure, but there are holes in his resume, mostly stemming from his lack of top flight competion. you can only fight who they put in front of you, certainly, but that can't outweigh the importance of resume that actually have great fighters on them.
                      Last edited by New England; 05-06-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X