No announcement yet.

Floyd is P4P #2 ever after SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Usually the first two, resume and skills. Head to head are usually completely different rankings. Not that hard to do, if researched enough.
    With his resume he might make the top 30. Anything above is unrealistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
      Skill-wise, he's definitely close to the top. Resume-wise he is not, unfortunately.
      This. Agreed and what's really unfortunate about that is, he could've been.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
        people who say pac has a better chin that Duran/floyd is the number 2 p4p ATG/Vitali Klitschko is the GOAT etc etc should be banned from this section.
        Floyd's chin has never been properly tested for you to come out with such a stupid accusation, its his defence which is probably the best there ever has been in boxing period!
        As for his chin... His chin hasn't been tested properly due to his defence.
        Look at the punishment Pacquiao has took over the years and you're trying to make a ******ed comment like that?
        I think its you who should be banned.

Although Vitali does have a granite chin....

Just not when he's being kicked in the chops.

Comment

• Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
          nah bro, i've been watching boxing for 20 years. be honest, who would beat him p2p?

like i said, top 10 for sure.
          Who would beat him...
          Good question its a debate that can be had but with no answer that's the problem, I still think Sugar Ray Leonard could potentially beat him prime vs prime the way he fought Duran in the second fight.
          Much faster and I believe Leonard has fought way harder opponents!

Comment

• Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
            Who would beat him...
            Good question its a debate that can be had but with no answer that's the problem, I still think Sugar Ray Leonard could potentially beat him prime vs prime the way he fought Duran in the second fight.
            Much faster and I believe Leonard has fought way harder opponents!
            if i had to pick someone leonard is certainly the one.I seen srl say that he would aim for the top of floyds head rather then his chin as its the best chance of connecting with him

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
              if i had to pick someone leonard is certainly the one.I seen srl say that he would aim for the top of floyds head rather then his chin as its the best chance of connecting with him
              Plus the fact Leonard is a guy who can pretty much do everything in the ring, brawl or box smart he could mix it up and not give Floyd Mayweather a typical pattern for him to work off of easily like pretty much everyone of Mayweathers opponents have done so far.
              Saying that I still recognise Mayweather as a great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                Floyd's chin has never been properly tested for you to come out with such a stupid accusation, its his defence which is probably the best there ever has been in boxing period!
                As for his chin... His chin hasn't been tested properly due to his defence.
                Look at the punishment Pacquiao has took over the years and you're trying to make a ******ed comment like that?
                I think its you who should be banned.

Just not when he's being kicked in the chops.
                The brackets separated different statements mate. It wasn't like Duran or Floyd. It was "Pacquiao has a better chin than Duran (NEW STATEMENT) Floyd is the #2 P4P ATG.

Just a misunderstanding.

Comment

A major threat? Based on what, wins over Mayorga, whose only good win was over Vernon Forrest and a past prime Margarito? And it was considered fantasy because they couldn't agree to terms. Nobody discredits Floyd's abilities and good wins earlier in his career, so stop making it sound like people discredit all his wins. It's just that later in his career, he has been protected and later opponents have been carefully selected. The guy up and retires when being asked in 2007 about possible fights with Cotto, Margarito, others, then comes back 2 years later with a pretty good win over Marquez and waits 2 more years to take on Cotto, never fights Margarito or Pacquiao. Again, that's not taking on all comers. So, in terms of ability, he's an all-time great, but not in terms of resume. Nobody that knows boxing denies the guy has good wins though. And if he fights Canelo and beats him, that'll be a great win for him, only the true haters will try and criticize that.
                  Based on the fact that he was universally P4P #3 and a fighter that everyone was claiming he was avoiding for his life.

Mosley was considered to be as big a threat as Pacquaio at that time. Some were even considering it a bigger threat than Pacquaio.

It's funny how revisionist history comes in. But it is what it is.

Margarito being "passed his prime" is silly. He was coming off far and beyond the best performance of his career at that time and was favoured to kill Shane.

And, why would Mayweather fight Margarito when he returned? That fight was worthless at that point.

Comment

So obviously resume wise, Floyd is not top 5. Maybe 10? The question I just thought of was skill wise, where would Floyd be ranked?
                    He's not even close to Top 10.

More around Top 40.

That said, he clearly has an exceptional, ATG calibur resume.

Comment

• To answer the question directly, Mayweather is not close to Ray Robinson in terms of his place on the ATG list.

He's not close to a lot of guys. His resume isn't strong enough, mainly down to his era not being as stacked as others.

Skillwise, he's one of the best I've ever seen. I've been watching Boxing since the 60's and there are very few, if any, I consider to be more skilled than Mayweather.

And despite not having a Top 10 level resume he still has an exceptional resume.

How many other fighters have been a professional fighter for 17 years and 16 of those 17 years been on the Top 10 P4P list, a large portion of them at or near the top of it and beat all comers? Not many.

If you look at the Top 5 ranked fighters Mayweather has fought in the divison he was fighting in, there are not many in the history of the sport who have fought more than he has. It's short company.

His resume is clearly ATG calibur despite not being amongst the Top 20+ greatest.

Comment

Working...
                      X