No announcement yet.

Michalczewski IBHOF: Yea or Nea?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michalczewski IBHOF: Yea or Nea?

Impressive record, huge number of title defenses...

And one of the worst resumes I've ever seen for a world champion.
    Yes: Defending a title as many times as he did and compiling 48 straight wins is enough
    45.45%
    No: He fought bums and held the title hostage in Europe
    54.55%

I voted no but its always a case of ''so & so got in for less'' its like in that case lets just scrap the IBHOF!

Comment

I don't think his resume is one of the worst of any world champion, but it's weak for someone who was champion for several years and had so many defences. Virgil Hill and Montell Griffin were good wins, although the stoppage was a bit early against Griffin.

I thought it was really shameful how he faked being badly hurt against Rocchigiani in order to get him DQ'd, and then took 4 years to give him a rematch. A lot of people disagree with Roy being disqualified and said Griffin was pulling an acting job, but Griffin was hit by a better shot than the little tap that had Michalczewski staggering around as falling to the canvas.

I would lean towards 'no' but I suppose it depends who he's up against. This year I think Tito, Oscar and Calzaghe are on the ballot so if he does get in it won't be this time around. He has more of a case than Ottke does though.
      Last edited by Clegg; 03-18-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Comment

A more than decent fighter but doubts still linger about The Tiger's real ability due to getting several easy rides by boxing in Germany, the overall quality of his opposition and the lack of that seminal, acid-test showdown with Roy.

I really wanted that Jones fight to happen because I think Darius might have had an outside chance with his strength, chin and impressive punch output. He would have pushed Jones far harder than many people give him credit for.

It's a 'no' for me for the IBHOF but with some regret...the guy was borderline Hall of Fame and his handlers should have backed his talent and pushed him into some bigger, more meaningful fights.

Comment

He was really popular in Germany and getting in with his level of accomplishment wouldn't raise many eyebrows. It comes down to whether popularity in Europe is respected by IBHOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
              He was really popular in Germany and getting in with his level of accomplishment wouldn't raise many eyebrows. It comes down to whether popularity in Europe is respected by IBHOF.
              It must be, they let Laszlo Papp and Barry McGuigan in.

Comment

He did enough to be on the ballot. He earned that. I have not voted for him to date. There are MUCH better candidates on the ballot. Only three get in per year. He's never been one of the 3, or even 10, best to vote for (based on the standard...3 in, 10 max to vote for).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  He did enough to be on the ballot. He earned that. I have not voted for him to date. There are MUCH better candidates on the ballot. Only three get in per year. He's never been one of the 3, or even 10, best to vote for (based on the standard...3 in, 10 max to vote for).
                  Cliff, is there a way to find out what fighters were on the ballots for different years?

Comment

If this guy gets in i really want to see asian with the best hair gushiken yoko to get in

Comment

Working...
                    X