Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs. Evander Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And about Holyfield and his headbutts. He's overrated!! Frazier would kill him. Holyfields biggest wins are overrated. For example
    Why did he beat Tyson in 96? Headbutt early and later in the fight.
    Why did Tyson bite his ear? Headbutts
    Why did he get a draw with Lewis? Lewis didn't wanna get too close to punch him because of the headbutts.

He was great whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
      And about Holyfield and his headbutts. He's overrated!! Frazier would kill him. Holyfields biggest wins are overrated. For example
      Why did he beat Tyson in 96? Headbutt early and later in the fight.
      Why did Tyson bite his ear? Headbutts
      Why did he get a draw with Lewis? Lewis didn't wanna get too close to punch him because of the headbutts.

He was great whatever.

Your love of Mike Tyson is having serious (negative) effects on your complete boxing knowledge.

I thought Mike Tyson was the baddest-ass mofo in the world ?
      How come he couldn't handle an occasional headbutt by a washed-up former CRUISERWEIGHT ?

You know what really must kill you Tyson loonies....knowing that Holyfield would annihilate Mike in a street fight !
      He freakin' manhandled Mike.....mugged the boy.

Comment

Holyfield was good. He manhandled Mike in 96...the same wouldn't have been said in 86. Mike Tyson was a machine in the 80's, with Rooney kicking his butt into shape every day. Once he joined King's camp he became a sack-of-sand slugger. Evander Holyfield himself said, "I was afraid of Mike when the bell rang. I expected him to come at me, but I was disappointed. He just stood there with his gloves up, flat-footed. I decided to throw a few jabs to see what his gameplan was, and I could tell this wasn't the Mike Tyson we all came to know. He just stood there..."

He said this in post-fight interviews, he said it in one of Tyson's biographies, and he said it in his own story. Change a few words around in each of the three and you've got it rounded out. It is true, however, that Holyfield was notorious for his head-butts up close. Many fighters report suffering uncomfortable head-pokes from the Real Deal (ie: Ruiz x2, Lewis x2, Tyson x2, etc.).

Nonetheless, I still think that Holyfield's style would have given Frazier just enough trouble to last until the later rounds. Even so, I did have Frazier inflict a serious wound to Evander...or didn't anybody read those parts?

Comment

Yea, the first fight with Tyson was mauling. He nailed Mike with punches and punches and punches.

Comment

This would be a great fight. It would be a war.

Holyfield had a massive heart, as did Frazier. Neither would quit, or stay down IMO. Both had exciting styles that would blend for one of the great fights.

Frazier would force Hoylfield on to the back foot, nail him with left hooks. Holyfield would nail Frazier with rights. I say a TKO12 for Frazier, with Holyfield almost out on his feet, still protesting the stoppage.

Comment

I thought that I wrote it out pretty accurately. There are always quirks to a fight and they rarely end cleanly or exactly like we'd hope. These aren't Rocky movies, so there would actually be a few missed punches from time to time. I don't know, maybe it's a waste of my effort. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
                Brassangel,

In case you haven't noticed, Butterfly brings Ali into everything. Even if it had nothing to do with Ali.
                lol, i bring ali into everything. i only did it this time cause frazier fought him and i was using ali as a measuring stick in this fantsy match-up. if it was like jack johnson vs. rocky marciano or something like that, i wouldn't bring up ali, cause they both never fought him, so stfu skydog and stop starting **** here.

Comment

Nah he's right. I see Ali...I see your name.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
                    Nah he's right. I see Ali...I see your name.
                    he's talking about in my posts.

Comment

Frazier would win.

Holyfield was somewhat vulnerable to the body and not the brightest guy in there, always brawling when he shouldn't have.

Comment

Working...
                      X