Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the hardest jab in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreman and Liston had the hardest jabs.

Comment

p4p it's probably ike quartey.

hearns had a monster jab at WW, but he benefitted from being gigantic, and would eventually go on to fight as high as 190 lbs.

if you're going on best jabs overall, you have to pick a HW. a jab from a HW is not the same as a jab from a smaller man. they're far away from eachother all night. their jabs can break a man down, and set up right hands with knockout power. it's a jabbing division.

liston, foreman, had the two hardest jabs in my opinion.

ali, louis, lewis, liston, holmes had the best jabs. that list isn't in order.

prime wladimir is definitely up there as well for best jabs. prolific jabber, was klitschko. jab jab grab, or just jab jab jab.

Comment

Frank Bruno and Gerry Cooney, both deserve honourable mentions

Comment

Tough to say,,, Foreman, liston,, NE said ike quartey which is also a solid choice,,

in recent times, i gotta say golovkin's jab is very heavy and damaging

Comment

Nana Yaw Konadu.

Ike Quartey was basically a clone of him, but not as good.
            He wasted his best years on fighting nobodies in Spain.

What a waste of talent...

Comment

James "Bonecrusher" Smith. Mike Tyson once said he was the hardest puncher he faced.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                Frank Bruno and Gerry Cooney, both deserve honourable mentions
                Neither does.

Comment

when a thread like this is present one must first decide how to answer a question like this..."who has the best jab"? the trainers that taught guys like Liston and hearns I suppose!

Obviously thats not what is meant...so how is one jab better than another when we get to the creme de la creme of technical excellence? I.e. what makes Liston's front paw better than hearns? How could we even start to compare?

This is what I think: At the top of the heap, the professionals guys who depend on a few techniques usually are exposed. Yet a guy like Jones is so fast that he managed to survive on speed...he was imo the best at unbridled athletic speed in boxing.

There is a fighter who was not really explosive. but he was one of the quickest, fastest and most athletic fighters ever. Not necessarily one of the better counter punchers, not a heavy hitter, and hardly threw many types of punches at all. This guy was totlly dependent on his jab sometimes using little else....yet he is considered by some to be the best ever.

Muhammed Ali had the best jab because he depended on it the most, still was never exposed/shut down while trying to use it. and controlled his opponent the best with his jab.

Comment

Watch the jab in Holyfield-foreman that george hits him with, snapping holys head back and staggering him back. If your doing that with a jab to a strong 210lb guy with a solid chin you have some serious fcking power.

Comment

Liston or Hearns.

Comment

Working...
                      X