Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love how everybody says "Tommy Hearns would beat this guy and that guy blablabla"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you even seen a damn Hearns fight? be honest

Comment

Yeah, like, totally, bro....Leonard and Hagler and Barkley are the only guys that Harns fought in his career and he got knockd out! Pwn LAMO!

Pac cracks that glass chin and Floyd adjusts within the first round and dominates easy. A bit like Judah.

Comment

Hearns ended as a damn cruiserweight Floyd and Manny are topping out at 147 where Hearns started,he would beat both and i think easily,Floyd would be forced into a shell and lose a wide ud and Manny who lacks defense would be beaten pillar to post and stopped

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
          I just read again how a guy said "the only guy I can see give Roy Jones trouble is Tommy Hearns". I see it all the time here: nobody could beat Mayweather, but Tommy Hearns maybe.
          Or: Hearns would kill Pacquiao. Hearns would beat this guy, and that guy and blablablabala.
          listen guys: Hearns was a good fighter. but. he lost all his big fights. against Hagler and against Ray Leonard. and Iran Barkley iced him twice. So pleeaaassseee stop overrating Hearns. thank you.
          Do I think he can give a lot of guys big troubles? Yes. Do I think he would beat everybody from other eras? hell no. He lost the big fights in his own era. Knocking out a Duran who moved up in weight doesn't do it for me. Hearns is wayyyy overrated here on this site.
          I think I said that in a thread somewhere myself....let's see...

He arguably beat SRL twice (first fight shouldn't have been stopped, but I don't remember Hearns complaining...the second one he was robbed, as one judge scored the last round 10-8 for SRL with no knockdown.)

He cracked the SHEYIT outta Hagler and thought he could finish him early....instead he broke his hand trying to brawl and was a little too light in the ass for one of the 3 greatest MW of all time. If he boxed he woulda beat him.

He was whooping Iran when he got caught the first fight...the second one was UD for Barkley (I think)...hey.....ALL of the greats have lost one or two (i.e. AIN'T NO DAMN GREAT UNDEFEATED FIGHTERS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T TEST THEMSELVES AGAINST THE BEST OF THEIR ERA).

He went all the way up to LHW and handed Virgil Hill his first loss and took his title....so yeah, with that jab and right hand, Roy would have had an effing problem on his hands with Tommy. Prime MW Tommy Hearns vs Prime MW Roy Jones.....sheeid.....Hearns might have been the favorite in Vegas.

I'm not even gonna mention Mayweather or Pac...GYSATFOH with that BS.
          Last edited by Mike Haynes; 11-30-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

.........woulda coulda shoulda spells loss in boxing! Hearns had the correct jab and power rght hand to take care of Floyd and I see him stopping him in less than 7 rounds. I think Manny might frustrate Hearns for a while but Tommy catches up eventually and wins by tko or distance!
            I've stated this before on this forum, Tommy was a great competitor who gave his all everytime he stepped in the ring. He didn't have a real strong constitution and got rattled a few times and had trouble recouping!! I always think it was his long lean legs that gave in on him, he was very lean and light in his legs and thats the foundation of any boxer! Great competitor, good fighter with good boxing skills! A top twenty five WW who would be respected in any era because of his competitive spirit and strong 1/2!! Ray.

Comment

and exactly who have Pacquaio and Floyd beaten at 147lbs to even suggest they would be competitive against Hearns?

Has youeven seen a Hearns fight?

Comment

I just read again how a guy said "the only guy I can see give Roy Jones trouble is Tommy Hearns". I see it all the time here: nobody could beat Mayweather, but Tommy Hearns maybe.
                Or: Hearns would kill Pacquiao. Hearns would beat this guy, and that guy and blablablabala.
                listen guys: Hearns was a good fighter. but. he lost all his big fights. against Hagler and against Ray Leonard. and Iran Barkley iced him twice. So pleeaaassseee stop overrating Hearns. thank you.
                Do I think he can give a lot of guys big troubles? Yes. Do I think he would beat everybody from other eras? hell no. He lost the big fights in his own era. Knocking out a Duran who moved up in weight doesn't do it for me. Hearns is wayyyy overrated here on this site.
                Barkley didn't "ice" Hearns in the rematch. He won by a split decision.

Comment

I just can't keep reading things like this.

Comment

okay so you guys say Hearns was unbeatable at welterweight. so then tell me who did Hearns beat at welterweight? normal fighters with normal records (no disrespect to them, but thats how it is). Cuevas was the only one he beat who was well known, then Hearns lost to the first real big name which is Leonard. end of story. period.
                    So what's your point? Pacman and Floyd would get KTFO by Ray Leonard too.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by christianshreve View Post
                      Interesting debate. Do you believe that Hearns-Mayweather would be like Hearns-Benetiz?
                      I can definitely see that fight playing out that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X