Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love how everybody says "Tommy Hearns would beat this guy and that guy blablabla"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    actually I disagree. I havent seen Hearns vs Leonard 1 in a long time but I remember that Leonard was not being outboxed. It was a close fight and I am not even sure if I had Hearns ahead on the scorecards at the time of the stoppage.
    I havent seen it in a long time either, but imo hearns was in a comfortable lead. He was more aggressive early, then when Leonard hurt him he started moving boxing defensively, and leonard was getting tagged coming in and getting desperate.

Probably closer than i remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      I havent seen it in a long time either, but imo hearns was in a comfortable lead. He was more aggressive early, then when Leonard hurt him he started moving boxing defensively, and leonard was getting tagged coming in and getting desperate.

Probably closer than i remember it.
      The three official scorecards had Hearns winning by 2, 3, and 4 points after 13 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
        I just read again how a guy said "the only guy I can see give Roy Jones trouble is Tommy Hearns". I see it all the time here: nobody could beat Mayweather, but Tommy Hearns maybe.
        Or: Hearns would kill Pacquiao. Hearns would beat this guy, and that guy and blablablabala.
        listen guys: Hearns was a good fighter. but. he lost all his big fights. against Hagler and against Ray Leonard. and Iran Barkley iced him twice. So pleeaaassseee stop overrating Hearns. thank you.
        Do I think he can give a lot of guys big troubles? Yes. Do I think he would beat everybody from other eras? hell no. He lost the big fights in his own era. Knocking out a Duran who moved up in weight doesn't do it for me. Hearns is wayyyy overrated here on this site.
        Prepare yourself. I genuinely agree with you about the "Invincible Hearns". Hearns is very beatable. He has weaknesses like discipline and his chin.

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
        He beat the great Wilfredo Benitez also
        Benitez is over rated as hell. Pac and Floyd would have taken him to the wood shed.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Prepare yourself. I genuinely agree with you about the "Invincible Hearns". Hearns is very beatable. He has weaknesses like discipline and his chin.

Benitez is over rated as hell. Pac and Floyd would have taken him to the wood shed.
          He embarrassed Roberto Duran. That has to count for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            The three official scorecards had Hearns winning by 2, 3, and 4 points after 13 rounds.
            which doesnt mean anything.

Comment

You think he's overrated? How so? I wouldn't say so.

I could see Mayweather and Pacquaio beating him though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                He embarrassed Roberto Duran. That has to count for something.
                No doubt about it, Hearns is great. Its just bothersome how they nit pick every boxer from 2000 to the present and look over fatal flaws from the glory years. Its all on video which makes it more frustrating to discuss. Its like we're still listening to fights on the radio or reading the paper.

Comment

No doubt about it, Hearns is great. Its just bothersome how they nit pick every boxer from 2000 to the present and look over fatal flaws from the glory years. Its all on video which makes it more frustrating to discuss. Its like we're still listening to fights on the radio or reading the paper.
                  I meant Benitez. Hearns did too, though. And it's not like Hearns had a Floyd Patterson chin, it just wasn't iron. It was average to maybe slightly above. I agree with you that a lot of guys had flaws that people tend to overlook, but I don't think Hearns is one of them. He really was incredible. Benitez wasn't a perfect fighter but he was incredibly skilled and gifted. I think he had more natural ability than Mayweather, but Mayweather's unparalleled work ethic made him a better and greater fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    You think he's overrated? How so? I wouldn't say so.

I could see Mayweather and Pacquaio beating him though.
                    He's always used as a consolation opponent when someone tries to prove to me what a monster Hearns was. It just seems like he's always the after thought. Its like saying Mayweather, Pacquiao, DlH............Oh yeah and Zab Judah just to prove my point.

Comment

He's always used as a consolation opponent when someone tries to prove to me what a monster Hearns was. It just seems like he's always the after thought. Its like saying Mayweather, Pacquiao, DlH............Oh yeah and Zab Judah just to prove my point.
                      That's sort of always been Benitez's luck though. He's always been that other guy like "Yeah man, back in the day we had these great fighters. Tyson, Leonard, Holmes, Hagler, Duran...oh yeah and there was this talented kid from Puerto Rico Benitez."

Comment

Working...
                      X