Joe Louis vs Rid**** Bowe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
    Louis beats him down, I like Bowe but no way man
    I feel tha opposite. Bowe is not only comparatively huge, but very fast, highly aggressive, and a very good inside fighter. AND...a very good chin. And Louis is KOable. Louis is , of course far better technically, but I think that Bowe would overwhelm him. Assuming both at their best, and Bowe no weight or behavioural problems Bad style for Louis.,

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Imagine being HW Champion for 25 defenses; trained by Chappie Blackburn, and never rising above being a "so basic" fighter.

How could we have gotten this so wrong for so long?
      How many champions did Blackburn frain from the start , to championship... I don't know, but apart from Louis I can't think of any. He was a good boxer himself in the early part of the 20th cent.

Eddie Futch whose merit as a trainer we all KNOW, thought that Bowe was potentially, repeat potentially... the greatest heavyweight in history.. Bowe didn't make that grade because of his lack of discipline and bad behaviour. But he was a damned good fighter, VERY explosive, and mowed down many top guys. He beat Holyfield twice and was the first to KO him (Holyfield's 34th fight) The fight that Holyfield won was a split; could have been a draw or split for Bowe..
      Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Imagine being HW Champion for 25 defenses; trained by Chappie Blackburn, and never rising above being a "so basic" fighter.

How could we have gotten this so wrong for so long?
        Regardless of my opinion that Bowe would beat Louis, both being at their BEST, I have Louis as my #1, Too big, too explosive, a 4 " height, 6" reach, and 25 lb weight advantages. And a damned good infighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

True. I generally hate insulting or disrespecting the men in the arena doing the deed, but I've always felt that Bowe got all the respect he was due and then some. If we went half way back in the modern age of boxing, 65 years, with his series of wins over aging contenders, contemporary fringe contenders and his epic series going 2-1 with Holyfield, I tend to put him about like this, 1957 - 2022:
          1. Muhammad Ali
          2. George Foreman
          3. Sonny Liston
          4. Lennox Lewis
          5. Larry Holmes
          6. Mike Tyson
          7. Wladamir Klitschko
          8. Tyson Fury* (Moving upwards with each fight)
          9. Joe Frazier
          10. Deontay Wilder*
          11. Anthony Joshua*
          12. Evander Holyfield
          13. Vitali Klitschko
          14. Cleveland Williams
          15. Ken Norton
          16. Zora Folley
          17. Rid**** Bowe
          18. Jerry Quarry
          19. Floyd Patterson
          20. Ron Lyle
          I get a feeling that you don't feel Bowe is any good. I feel that he would massacre at least 7-8 of those in front of him, in fact the only ones I don't think he could beat would have been been Larry Holmes and Vitali Klitschko, because not only was Klitschko a "hunter" like Bowe, but had a grim determination NOT to lose. I feel that attribute was more noticeable in him than in any other boxer I've seen. Holmes was one of the greatest "tryers" in the game, also VERY strong to win. Look at his fight with Gerry Cooney. Reminds me of Archie Moore and Yvon Durelle in a way.

Also I alway have believed that if Holmes and Ali were to meet at their best, Holmes would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
            Lou Nova beats lazy Rid**** Bowe, and so does Andrew Golota....twice apiece!!!!!!!
            I haven't heard Lou Nova's name for a million years. I recall seeing him on the cover of RING , the guy with the .Cosmic punch and also, he would normally stand with one foot on top of the other. So maybe it was the Cosmic Stance as well.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

I feel the opposite. Bowe is not only comparatively huge, but very fast, highly aggressive, and a very good inside fighter. AND...a very good chin. And Louis is KOable. Louis is , of course far better technically, but I think that Bowe would overwhelm him. Assuming both at their best, and Bowe no weight or behavioural problems Bad style for Louis.,
              So explain how Joe is more technical being way less updated bowe used way more angles to punch from and wasnt stiff at it unlike Joe and Bowe was faster too and he was way more polished in his tech so what are you looking at

example Canelo he is more technical than Joe because of the same advances as Bowe all those people Joe fought would be beaten faster by him than Joe even though Can is the smaller cause of his advances in movement and can never would struggle even with the best of the people that joe fought cause those best are trash compared to people can fought

Can never would struggle or be beat or would bowe with those dudes
              so what are you talking about tech that's a lie Joe wasn't more tech than Bowe

Like you people need to stop this pretending to be blind or actually are blind
              Last edited by Ascended; 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

I get a feeling that you don't feel Bowe is any good. I feel that he would massacre at least 7-8 of those in front of him, in fact the only ones I don't think he could beat would have been been Larry Holmes and Vitali Klitschko, because not only was Klitschko a "hunter" like Bowe, but had a grim determination NOT to lose. I feel that attribute was more noticeable in him than in any other boxer I've seen. Holmes was one of the greatest "tryers" in the game, also VERY strong to win. Look at his fight with Gerry Cooney. Reminds me of Archie Moore and Yvon Durelle in a way.

Also I alway have believed that if Holmes and Ali were to meet at their best, Holmes would win.
                - - Better off believing in the toof faery who provides compensation under U pillow for every toof someone knocks out of U.

Comment

Working...
                X