No announcement yet.

Carmen BASILIO Vs Floyd MAYWEATHER Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marston View Post
    I watched the fight thrice. I scored it a draw 2x. and 7-5 Floyd the last time.

You're a random guy on the internet and know nothing about me. But you seem awfully presumptuous.
    What rounds did you give to Cotto?

Comment

I watched the fight thrice. I scored it a draw 2x. and 7-5 Floyd the last time.

You're a random guy on the internet and know nothing about me. But you seem awfully presumptuous.
      I never claimed to know anything about you. My comment was based entirely on the content of your post. And in this forum you are more random than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I dont know what you were watching but a jab dont get you a draw...Mayweasther threw more shots and landed more at a higher connect...scored it myself 9-3, 8-4 and giving Cotto the close rounds all he could muster was 7-5 loss...to eachs own
        The compubox numbers for that fight don't tell the story and make me question the validity of compubox.

Floyd got credit for landing defensive jabs that landed on cotto's gloves so the stats don't really tell the story. But their faces do and it indicates that the fight was a see saw battle.

Under normal circumstances that is all well and good, but for a fight that most people saw as a cherrypick of a shot fighter, it confirms a lot of the suspicions about Floyd that people had.

Namely that his resume is thin on quality and long on "brand" names that were either too old, too small, or not very good to begin with (hatton) and that he avoided prime fighters his own size in their physical primes (Margarito).

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I never claimed to know anything about you. My comment was based entirely on the content of your post. And in this forum you are more random than I am.
          I see that you are an established poster, for that reason I expect you to admit that Basillio would send Floyd straight to hell.

You know it, I know it and Floyd and Roger Mayweather both know it.

Comment

The compubox numbers for that fight don't tell the story and make me question the validity of compubox.

Floyd got credit for landing defensive jabs that landed on cotto's gloves so the stats don't really tell the story. But their faces do and it indicates that the fight was a see saw battle.

Under normal circumstances that is all well and good, but for a fight that most people saw as a cherrypick of a shot fighter, it confirms a lot of the suspicions about Floyd that people had.

Namely that his resume is thin on quality and long on "brand" names that were either too old, too small, or not very good to begin with (hatton) and that he avoided prime fighters his own size in their physical primes (Margarito).
            yea FLOYDS RESUME IS THIN, BUT IS ALOT BETTER THAN SOME PEOPLE YOU RATE OVER HIM....TO EACHS OWN..Pacquiao is the only guy of note he hasnt faced....why fight Margo when you have a chance to make more money and win a lineal title....his own size lol....i guess you forgot floyd fought most his career at 130 and 135....12 out of 43 fights are over 140...Margo walks around at 180 get real

Comment

yea FLOYDS RESUME IS THIN, BUT IS ALOT BETTER THAN SOME PEOPLE YOU RATE OVER HIM....TO EACHS OWN..Pacquiao is the only guy of note he hasnt faced....why fight Margo when you have a chance to make more money and win a lineal title....his own size lol....i guess you forgot floyd fought most his career at 130 and 135....12 out of 43 fights are over 140...Margo walks around at 180 get real

Comment

Is this a joke? Floyd just got taken to hell by a mediocre past it Cotto.

Basillio would make Cotto into his wife. Basillio beat SRR. Mayweather's best win is arguably Corrales who was never that great himself.

Basillio absolutely demolishes Floyd.

Floyd ducked Margarito because he was a bigger harder chinned version of Castillo, who gave Floyd a nip/tuck fight.

Basillio is 10x better than Margarito.

What kind of history section is this???

The bold is how we know you know and understand very little about this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  n honestly, if he is bringing up the Cotto fight...check out some of the guys Basilio lost to....not as great a fighters as Mayweather....Basilo's claim to fame is beating a past prime Robinson and being the only guy to kd Gavilan....he lost to some decent fighters, Mayweather hasnt
                  Ike Williams knocked Gavilan down as well.

Comment

Basilio was one hell of a fighter. He could have outworked Floyd.

Comment

Basilio wasnt going anywhere for 12 rounds and determination goes a a long way, but I don't see him being able to land on Floyd. Cotto is a better boxer than Basilio and probably has the best jab in the sport. Basilio has that heart, stamina and iron chin to stay in there for 12 though, don't see him winning though.

Comment

Working...
                      X