Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many of you hate on muhammad ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many of you hate on muhammad ali?

i don't get it? this is baffling. he is the greatest of all times, but some people hate on his so much, it's crazy! i mean they have people like louis beating ali. louis always had trouble with fast guys, like billy conn. well, who was a better fast, moving hw then ali? they said louis would counter ali all day? do you know how close he has to get to his opponents to throw flurries? ali would not allow himself to be that close. his footwork is better, so he wouldn't be cornered. theres no way ali is getting beat. ali is extremely strong! he basically manhandled liston in their first fight, and muscled "big" george foreman in '74. and he embarrased both of them! yet he is not that good and foreman could destroy him. bull! that's like saying frazier would destroy foreman when foreman destroyed him twice! and they say marciano would destroy ali, LOL!! ali would annihilate marciano in a matter of a few rounds. marciano would punish his body, worst statement ever made! marciano has a 67" reach, and ali never lets anybody get close to him in his prime, so marciano's short hands will punish ali's body. on top of that foreman couldn't hurt ali's midsection, so how would marciano? some people say marciano is the hardest hitter ever. well, he looked good fighting people with glass chins and small, bums like himself. the way i see it, the only people that think rocky could beat ali, are WHITE. and some of them are really, really racist. i mean one thread asked who would win, marciano or jake lamotta, and i swear, this guy had to be a white racist, cause he answered, "nobody beats the rock, but lamotta would do much better against marciano than that moolie clay would." well, i don't know what a moolie is, but i bet that translate into *****!
    and so lamotta, a slow-footed middleweight could beat ali? and he called him clay, which proves he's white and racist, and wants to keep ali as with a white, slave name! there is no way rocky beats any top ten hw, let alone the #1 hw. frazier can't beat ali, cause he, for the most part didn't. i guarantee you all ali had to do was fight more fights and get more experience before fighting frazier, and he would have beat him. he only had two fights prior, and one was only three rounds. a prime ali would have done much better, so there is no contest. there is no real, legitimate reason why any fighter period would beat ali, because ali had great speed, great chin, and a pretty good punch, and enormous strength!

i have come to the conclusion that ali beat their favorite fighters so their mad at ali, or they are white, and need someone like marciano or dempsey to be their savior, or they are war veterans, or related to veterans, or related to veterans who died in combat, so they are mad ali didn't go to vietnam, or they didn't like ali's showmanship. do you realize that no hw copied his style yet, because it is so hard! or maybe they want their favorite fighters to be the greatest, so they are mad that their not. also he is 15-3 against hall of fame heavyweight fighters. he has the best resume ever, i just don't understand how people can hate on him so much? what has he ever done to ya'll?

Last edited by butterfly1964; 11-26-2005, 06:58 PM.

Originally posted by butterfly1964
    i don't get it? this is baffling. he is the greatest of all times, but some people hate on his so much, it's crazy! i mean they have people like louis beating ali. louis always had trouble with fast guys, like billy conn. well, who was a better fast, moving hw then ali? they said louis would counter ali all day? do you know how close he has to get to his opponents to throw flurries? ali would not allow himself to be that close. his footwork is better, so he wouldn't be cornered. theres no way ali is getting beat. ali is extremely strong! he basically manhandled liston in their first fight, and muscled "big" george foreman in '74. and he embarrased both of them! yet he is not that good and foreman could destroy him. bull! that's like saying frazier would destroy foreman when foreman destroyed him twice! and they say marciano would destroy ali, LOL!! ali would annihilate marciano in a matter of a few rounds. marciano would punish his body, worst statement ever made! marciano has a 67" reach, and ali never lets anybody get close to him in his prime, so marciano's short hands will punish ali's body. on top of that foreman couldn't hurt ali's midsection, so how would marciano? some people say marciano is the hardest hitter evr. well, he looked good fighting people with glass chins and small, bums like himself. the way i see it, the only people that think rocky could beat ali, are WHITE. and some of them are really, really racist. i mean one thread asked who would win, marciano or jake lamotta, and i swear, this guy had to be a white racist, cause he answered, "nobody beats the rock, but lamotta would do much better against marciano than that moolie clay would." well, i don't know what a moolie is, but i bet that translate into *****!
    and so lamotta, a slow-footed middleweight could beat ali? and he called him clay, which proves he's white and racist, and wants to keep ali as with a white, slave name! there is no way rocky beats any top ten hw, let alone the #1 hw. frazier can't beat ali, cause he, for the most part didn't. i guarantee you all ali had to do was fight more fights and get more experience before fighting frazier, and he would have beat him. he only had two fights prior, and one was only three rounds. a prime ali would have done much better, so there is no contest. there is no real, legitimate reason why any fighter period would beat ali, because ali had great speed, great chin, and a pretty good punch, and enormous strength!

i have come to the conclusion that ali beat their favorite fighters so their mad at ali, or they are white, and need someone like marciano or dempsey to be their savior, or they are war veterans, or related to veterans, or related to veterans who died in combat, so they are mad ali didn't go to vietnam, or they didn't like ali's showmanship. do you realize that no hw copied his style yet, because it is so hard! or maybe they want their favorite fighters to be the greatest, so they are mad that their not. also he is 15-3 against hall of fame heavyweight fighters. he has the best resume ever, i just don't understand how people can hate on him so much? what has he ever done to ya'll?

What has thinking somebody could beat Muhammad Ali got to do with hating him?

I am almost positive that you and that tommyhearns804 fella are the same guy. You seem more polite, but something aint right here.

Comment

Frazier would beat him easily in their primes. Ali even said so.

Comment

The answer is easy.

He talked, and talked, and talked...

Everytime, everywhere, even at the middle of the fight...

And talked, and talked, and talked, and talked, and...

I like no talk and more action, like Lacy does now.

And talked, and talked, and talked, and...

He isn't humble. He talked, and talked and talked...

Comment

disagreing with ali being the gratest isnt necessary hating its just an opinon.

cant remember that ive heard about anyone who hates ali....well execpt his opponents.

i do believe marciano would have a good shot at ali, doesnt mean i hate ali.

actually i love them both

Comment

You're Crazy!

Originally posted by M26
            What has thinking somebody could beat Muhammad Ali got to do with hating him?

I am almost positive that you and that tommyhearns804 fella are the same guy. You seem more polite, but something aint right here.
            oh yeah, i'm tommyhearns804, get the hell out of here! hearns specifically stated how he hates ali's guts and talks about how foreman would whup ali if they rematched, and that ali wasn't that smart a fighter since he has parkinson's now, and ****** stuff like that.

i have ali on my avatar, and my sig, and i quote him all the time, and i adore the genius! so how can we be the same person?

Comment

something that i could never understand with ali is how he pulls great victorys over his taughest opponents and just bearly did enough to beat the leser ones( my spelling sucks ya get what im trying to say tho)

Comment

Originally posted by leff
                disagreing with ali being the gratest isnt necessary hating its just an opinon.

cant remember that ive heard about anyone who hates ali....well execpt his opponents.

i do believe marciano would have a good shot at ali, doesnt mean i hate ali.

actually i love them both
                yeah, but some people are just ******, like saying that foreman could beat a prime ali. or norton, or even tyson lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Frazier's 15th round
                  Frazier would beat him easily in their primes. Ali even said so.
                  don't make me laugh. see, this is what i'm talking about. ali beat frazier, so frazier fans will say that frazier will kill ali, just out of anger that this man conquered his favorite fighter.

"ali even said so." you know what that's called? respect. every fighter does it. you think right after a fight, he would say, yeah, well if i was younger i would beat him? no! that is showing no class and sportsmanship. well, answer me this? if frazier could beat ali easily in his prime, then how come a prime frazier struggled against a lay-off ridden and slower ali? that doesn't make any sense.

this is exactly the kind of jive i was talking about. hating on ali. and you have such weak reasons when matching him up against other fighters, it's just sad.

Comment

don't make me laugh. see, this is what i'm talking about. ali beat frazier, so frazier fans will say that frazier will kill ali, just out of anger that this man conquered his favorite fighter.
                    I didn't say Frazier would kill Ali. I'm saying Frazier would beat him the majority of the time in prime matchups. It's not out of anger, it's out of skills and styles.

"ali even said so." you know what that's called? respect. every fighter does it. you think right after a fight, he would say, yeah, well if i was younger i would beat him? no! that is showing no class and sportsmanship.
                    Ali had no class. He would disrespect his black opponents on a regular basis. Badly. He treated them so bad, that some hated him for years. He was a womanizer. He contradicted himself all the time. He didn't even have a clue what he was standing up for. ******s would just feed him lines like "I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong". He picked up his whole persona from a ****ing wrestler he watched as a kid.

well, answer me this? if frazier could beat ali easily in his prime, then how come a prime frazier struggled against a lay-off ridden and slower ali? that doesn't make any sense.
                    He didn't really struggle. Ali went all out in the first few rounds, trying to put away Frazier early. But Frazier connected with hooks on a regular basis. The only good laters rounds that Ali had were 9 and 14. Frazier gave him the beating of a lifetime.

this is exactly the kind of jive i was talking about. hating on ali. and you have such weak reasons when matching him up against other fighters, it's just sad.
                    No, reasoning has nothing to do with it. You're just mad that I pick against Ali. God forbid.

Comment

Working...
                    X