Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Jesus ******** Christ, this again Marciano is a great fighter. He's only overrated with the fan-bois who beat-off over his "0" and the fact that he was the last saltine heavyweight who could actually fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Sure as hell.

In my previous posts I forgot to mention that I have always refused, since the very beginning, to join whatever social media they introduced to the masses. It just didn't sound right to me.

Nevertheless, I often find myself semi-coherent in front of my laptop, looking for news and articles that are 98% fake.

It's disgusting. In that, I wholly agree with Willie Pep when he mentions reading books and, in general, living life outside of a media bubble. It's essential, now more than ever.
      - - BS part of the social media.

Ya musta fergot.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
        Actually Marciano is very highly underrated. If becoming heavyweight champion and retiring undefeated were easy we would see others accomplish this record. Only Marciano holds this distinction. Watch this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0cyYjsLtLc

Having a longer reach, or a great jab, or being larger physically does not mean you hold an advantage over a smaller heavyweight. Having the ability to fight small as Marciano did in spades causes larger opponents to reach down and in to land.
        Valuev came close.... LOL

Comment

Frazier was weak. He embarrassed boxing on Wide World of Sports when they had an all around athletic competition. Dead last.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Frazier was weak. He embarrassed boxing on Wide World of Sports when they had an all around athletic competition. Dead last.
            almost drowned!!

Comment

49-0 Undefeated
              mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

almost drowned!!
                Just proves what I've always said: Boxing is the sport in which athleticism is the least important. I'm sure LefHook would shlt his pants and run like a punk if he was ever face to face with even the least athletic fighter who ever lived

Comment

He fought in the 1950's, you can barely even see what's happening in the ****ty footage that's available.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                    He fought in the 1950's, you can barely even see what's happening in the ****ty footage that's available.
                    Sure you can. You just need to be interested enough to watch these bouts numerous times over.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      - - But Joe entered even if admitting he didn't know how to swim.

Ali would've been first choice, but he knew he weren't no athlete. Ken Norton placed 2nd vs soccer player Kyle Rote Jr in 1977 who had previously won 74-75. Kenny played collegiate football and ran track.

Comment

Working...
                      X