• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
    holy moly...what a BOMBASTIC booty o.O
    CalmDown also has a good one too

Comment

60/40 -- Money/Rooney’s rapport with Mike.

Even when he got ditched, he still seemed to go out of his way to defend Mike.

Who wouldn’t miss being part of a successful team and making millions?

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
        If you claim Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson himself then you have to either prove your claim or retract your statement. That's not an opinion. You should learn the diffirence between an opinion and a fact.
        Can you prove he didn't? No, you can't. And do me a favor, don't ever tell another poster in this section what he has to do.

Comment

While Rooney would have cared for Mike, you can see in Rooney the slimy seediness and dodgy character. You can't prove someone's feelings but you sure as hell can see what type of person they are through the way they interact, speak, and what they suggest with their personality and Rooney is a dodgy guy.

Mike achieved more than a lot of people like to let on these days, but he's also not as talented as other people make him out to be. Like it or not, talent is largely determination, willpower and heart. You need the first two for training and he clearly had them in spades early on, but even more so you need the latter for a fight that gets rough, tough and throws adversity in your face.

That is a talent. It is arguably a bigger talent than physical gifts. You saw what happened to one of the physically fighters that has ever graced the ring when he got cracked inhumanly hard, and clearly didn't think possible to that point, and suddenly it all went out the window in Macho.

Tyson had weaknesses that were part of his makeup. Stamina, mental fortitude/heart, discipline and a calm mind under fire were things he didn't have in spades. They are massive parts of a fighters talent and without them, there are fighters who will bring them out no matter how well trained.

On Rooney and money: The only reason Rooney still talks about Tyson in such a good light is because it makes Rooney look good. He's clearly a little too insistent in taking all the credit for Mike's unbeaten run and makes sure people know that it was all about him. That to me, is the worst sign of a guy who doesn't truly care about his charge and thinks more about himself and the gains he gets from it. A psychologist would have a textbook field day with Rooney and his self obsessiveness, so yes, money played a bigger part in Rooney missing Tyson than Tyson himself and his needs because money allowed Rooney to do everything he wanted and gratify himself constantly.

Also, anyone that talks about addicts not caring more about themselves than another person clearly has never known an addict of any sort and doesn't understand the psyche behind it. The single most important thing in addiction is self-obsession and the need to gratify whatever habit immediately. If Rooney was an alcoholic and gambler, he cared a lot more about himself than he did Tyson and yes, Tyson was his meal ticket to everything he wanted and needed. Don't delude yourself into fantasies that aren't based in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            While Rooney would have cared for Mike, you can see in Rooney the slimy seediness and dodgy character. You can't prove someone's feelings but you sure as hell can see what type of person they are through the way they interact, speak, and what they suggest with their personality and Rooney is a dodgy guy.

Mike achieved more than a lot of people like to let on these days, but he's also not as talented as other people make him out to be. Like it or not, talent is largely determination, willpower and heart. You need the first two for training and he clearly had them in spades early on, but even more so you need the latter for a fight that gets rough, tough and throws adversity in your face.

That is a talent. It is arguably a bigger talent than physical gifts. You saw what happened to one of the physically fighters that has ever graced the ring when he got cracked inhumanly hard, and clearly didn't think possible to that point, and suddenly it all went out the window in Macho.

Tyson had weaknesses that were part of his makeup. Stamina, mental fortitude/heart, discipline and a calm mind under fire were things he didn't have in spades. They are massive parts of a fighters talent and without them, there are fighters who will bring them out no matter how well trained.

On Rooney and money: The only reason Rooney still talks about Tyson in such a good light is because it makes Rooney look good. He's clearly a little too insistent in taking all the credit for Mike's unbeaten run and makes sure people know that it was all about him. That to me, is the worst sign of a guy who doesn't truly care about his charge and thinks more about himself and the gains he gets from it. A psychologist would have a textbook field day with Rooney and his self obsessiveness, so yes, money played a bigger part in Rooney missing Tyson than Tyson himself and his needs because money allowed Rooney to do everything he wanted and gratify himself constantly.

Also, anyone that talks about addicts not caring more about themselves than another person clearly has never known an addict of any sort and doesn't understand the psyche behind it. The single most important thing in addiction is self-obsession and the need to gratify whatever habit immediately. If Rooney was an alcoholic and gambler, he cared a lot more about himself than he did Tyson and yes, Tyson was his meal ticket to everything he wanted and needed. Don't delude yourself into fantasies that aren't based in reality.

Awesome post Benny. Please don't be so scarce around here.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

Excellent post and great point about addicts caring more about themselves than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Can you prove he didn't? No, you can't. And do me a favor, don't ever tell another poster in this section what he has to do.
                lol is that a threat? How ironic too.

And yeah I guess I can just make any claims about any fighter and respond with "I can't prove this to be true, but you can't prove this to be false either!".

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                  lol is that a threat? How ironic too.

And yeah I guess I can just make any claims about any fighter and respond with "I can't prove this to be true, but you can't prove this to be false either!".
                  The point is you can't prove what you're saying is true any more than anybody else. Hold yourself to the same standards you're trying to use for everybody else or give it up.

Don't pretend that you haven't made ridiculous claims about fighters. Lamon Brewster the closest thing to Joe Frazier in the last 20 years sound familiar? Good luck "proving" that one as a fact.

Comment

They talk too much about the Ali match-up like it would be the most challenging. No form of Tyson, even at max potential, is ever beating prime Foreman.
                    Last edited by Miburo; 10-04-2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      The point is you can't prove what you're saying is true any more than anybody else. Hold yourself to the same standards you're trying to use for everybody else or give it up.
                      The point is that I'm not claiming anything, it is common knowledge. It's not just me who is saying Rooney cared for Tyson, it's everybody that knew both men. Scott is the one making the claim, in this case confidently saying Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson. And he completely failed to prove that.

It's common knowledge that Joe Louis did great things for his country right? What if I make some baseless claim about him having to do those things against his will?(just an example) Guess i''ll just say you can''t prove me wrong.

Don't pretend that you haven't made ridiculous claims about fighters. Lamon Brewster the closest thing to Joe Frazier in the last 20 years sound familiar? Good luck "proving" that one as a fact.
                      Way to go off topic there. If you wanted to go there you should have mentioned how I schooled you again last time and you quit about Foreman in some other thread.
                      Last edited by BKM-2010; 10-04-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X