Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is marciano's win over Joe Louis underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forza View Post
    Why do you hate reality?
    I don't hate reality.

Louis was shot against Marciano.

You can see that by simply looking at him.

Let me guess, I hate white fighters because of this globally recognised opinion?

Comment

I never heard of a shot fighter that won 8 fights in a row (after losing a decision to a LHW GOAT) and K.O'd 2 top 10 boxers while doing so.

I already said it wasn't a prime joe louis. Saying he was "shot" is WRONG, joe louis at the time was a top 3 HW

You're still trying to make this out to be a better victory than it was though. At this point in Louis' career he was still a decent fighter but not near the fighter he once was. The only thing that makes this a more significant fight than Harry
      Matthews or Rex Layne is THE NAME, Joe Louis. Other than that he was just another decent fighter in the top 10 at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I don't hate reality.

Louis was shot against Marciano.

You can see that by simply looking at him.

Let me guess, I hate white fighters because of this globally recognised opinion?
        You're not being objective, just basing your opinion on pure emotion.

Fact is it was a good win and louis was not even close to being "shot"

Comment

How exactly would you describe "shot"? It's painfully obvious to any objective person who has watched Louis fight that he wasn't even half the fighter he use to be before the war.

Comment

I'm not, though.

Joe Louis being able to beat top competition being in the state he was is just more credit to his greatness. It doesn't change the fact he was shot, which he was.

He beat top contenders around the time such as Savold who was a good fighter and Bivins who was a good LHW who was also coming off a loss to a decent fighter in Clarence Henry but in all honest, Louis didn't look that good against Bivins even, outweighing him by quite a margin.

He was still ranked highly at that time because he only just lost his title in 1950 and fought Marciano only a year later.

Marciano was also the last fight of his career, for a reason.

Fact of the matter is; Marciano deserves almost as much credit for beating Louis as Robinson does for beating Graziano.

Just because Graziano knocked out almost every fighter he fought agter Zale and before Robinson waxed him does not change the fact that Graziano was shot.

Oh look, I just made the exact same situation but switche the white fighter with a black fighter. Damn, those emotions of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

How exactly would you describe "shot"? It's painfully obvious to any objective person who has watched Louis fight that he wasn't even half the fighter he use to be before the war.
              Louis was slipping years before he even lost his title.

He was obviously at the very least boarderline shot in 1951.

Comment

Prime Louis

The Louis that fought Marciano

Comment

First of all Joe Louis was not 37 when he fought Marciano he was 76 years old, its a fact !

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Louis was slipping years before he even lost his title.

He was obviously at the very least boarderline shot in 1951.

You won't get any argument from me on this one. He may have still been a decent fighter, but he wasn't even close to the fighter he was before WWII. Marciano needed the win to move him up the rankings and lead him to his title shot, but Louis' name, not his ability was the most significant thing about the fight.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X