• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Is that unpopular?

I thought it was reasonable too.
    I thought the stoppage was fine.

Alvarado was out on his feet getting pummelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Not to mention the difference between fighting top amateurs and top professionals.
      Yeah but......the difference is less like the champion major league team versus the top triple A team, where by the major league team is just Better than the difference between a top college football team and top NFL team where there are differences in the game more than the actual skill level.

Olympic fighting takes accuracy, you have to do your thang quickly, and there is a correlation between olympic and professional success. Of course any Olympic guy would need a bit of training to adjust but I think that is ultimately a minor thing when considering the skill level(s) involved.

Comment

• The 80s, 90s, and 00s heavyweights were better than the 70s heavyweights.

Comment

• The Judah mathysse result was fair I didn't see no robbery

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
            The Judah mathysse result was fair I didn't see no robbery
            I think that is just one of those current popular trends. Everyone is riding high on Matthyse and can't possibly believe that Judah could actually have beaten this super beast, and they heard it was a close fight, so it becomes a robbery instead and just builds into "Judah didn't land a single punch and Matthyse just beat him up, hurt him with every shot, knocked him down, took his soul.....then got robbed blind!"

Judah squeaking that one out was not only justified, it was a perfectly fine decision. Matthyse lost a lot of early rounds, started too slow and learnt from it. He's now a much better fighter, but Judah winning that fight was fine.

It was close, but I think it would have been wrong/worse if Matthyse had gotten the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              I think that is just one of those current popular trends. Everyone is riding high on Matthyse and can't possibly believe that Judah could actually have beaten this super beast, and they heard it was a close fight, so it becomes a robbery instead and just builds into "Judah didn't land a single punch and Matthyse just beat him up, hurt him with every shot, knocked him down, took his soul.....then got robbed blind!"

Judah squeaking that one out was not only justified, it was a perfectly fine decision. Matthyse lost a lot of early rounds, started too slow and learnt from it. He's now a much better fighter, but Judah winning that fight was fine.

It was close, but I think it would have been wrong/worse if Matthyse had gotten the decision.
              I disagree I thought Matthysse clearly did enough to win by 2 points.

I'll score it again sometime though.

Comment

• I watched it about a month ago and thought Matthysse won, but it was a close fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  I disagree I thought Matthysse clearly did enough to win by 2 points.

I'll score it again sometime though.
                  Yeah, like I said, it was close and either guy winning was justified but to call it a robbery is crazy. No matter who you scored it for, apart from some of those bias knobs, it's always a 1 or 2 point max fight. That's close, and a lot of rounds were close so there could be a few swing rounds.

I'll have to check it out again though too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Yeah, like I said, it was close and either guy winning was justified but to call it a robbery is crazy. No matter who you scored it for, apart from some of those bias knobs, it's always a 1 or 2 point max fight. That's close, and a lot of rounds were close so there could be a few swing rounds.

I'll have to check it out again though too.

I also had Matthyesse winning, but it wasn't a robbery like his hometown loss to Devon Alexander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I also had Matthyesse winning, but it wasn't a robbery like his hometown loss to Devon Alexander.
                      That fight was a disgrace. A clear win for Matthyse. He had obviously learned from his Judah loss and started earlier, but Alexander has 'good' people backing him.

Comment

Working...
                      X