No announcement yet.

JCC - Camacho - JLR - Rosario

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCC - Camacho - JLR - Rosario

Rank there fights against each other in terms of excitement.

And no one mentions it but they actually produced much better fights then Hearns Hagler Duran and Leonard
    Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 05-16-2011, 11:00 PM.

bump .

Comment

give us your opinoin first so we can pick it apart with no facts instead of the other way around

Comment

Chavez destroyed Camacho and Rosario...and his fight with Ramirez was a glorified sparring session (literally) in which Julio clearly carried his buddy.

Camacho easily outboxed JLR. His fight with Rosario was not exactly one with sustained action. It was very dramatic in that Camacho was in danger throughout the bout.

Chapo vs. JLR I was a pretty evenly fought match that could have gone either way. It was a very good fight, but not what I would consider great. The rematch was truly a great fight, and it's the only one of the bunch (of this group in the thread title) that can match up to Hagler-Hearns for excellence.
        Last edited by jabsRstiff; 05-17-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I always thought JLR was underrated. He not only koed Rosario, he also beat (wether you consider it legit or not) Whitaker, the first one to do so. Also stopped the tough Boza Edwards in 5 rounds. And he deserved to get the decision against Arguello too, who he decked. One of the greatest ko records also, 82 out of 102!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
            I always thought JLR was underrated. He not only koed Rosario, he also beat (wether you consider it legit or not) Whitaker, the first one to do so. Also stopped the tough Boza Edwards in 5 rounds. And he deserved to get the decision against Arguello too, who he decked. One of the greatest ko records also, 82 out of 102!
            If your going to give him credit for beating Whitaker than you can't give him credit for losing to Arguello. Can't work both ways.

Plus, the Arguello-Ramirez fight was much closer than the Whitaker-Ramirez fight which was one of the worst robberies in the history of Boxing.

For the record I had Ramirez beating Arguello by a point, the KD being the difference.

Ramirez is an underrated fighter, though.

Comment

I really liked JLR, and do believe he is underappreciated, but.....

He not only was easily handled by Camacho,Chavez, and Whitaker....but, let's not forget that a very young Ray Mancini bullied him and beat him quite easily, and that was just a few months after JLR had given Arguello such a tough time.

He had some great wins and some really close, tough losses, but he also had some clear defeats....and that does hold him back.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                If your going to give him credit for beating Whitaker than you can't give him credit for losing to Arguello. Can't work both ways.

Plus, the Arguello-Ramirez fight was much closer than the Whitaker-Ramirez fight which was one of the worst robberies in the history of Boxing.

For the record I had Ramirez beating Arguello by a point, the KD being the difference.

Ramirez is an underrated fighter, though.
                GTFOH! If THAT was one of the worst robberies in history, then what was DLH-Trinidad or Zarate-Pintor?! Come on...you people with your blind worship of Whitaker...he faking RAN entire fight, I SEEN that fight man! He ran! You seriously telling me he DESERVED that fight?! Bs!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  GTFOH! If THAT was one of the worst robberies in history, then what was DLH-Trinidad or Zarate-Pintor?! Come on...you people with your blind worship of Whitaker...he faking RAN entire fight, I SEEN that fight man! He ran! You seriously telling me he DESERVED that fight?! Bs!
                  Blind worship of Whitaker? How's that?

Saying he was robbed against Ramirez isn't "Blind worship" it's simple vision. Whitaker not only clearly won the fight but he pretty much dominated the fight.

It is on the same level of those robberies, definitely.

Yes, he definitely deserved to beat Ramirez, no doubt at all.

IMO, The Ramirez fight was the clearest win of Whitakers controverisal descions.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Blind worship of Whitaker? How's that?

Saying he was robbed against Ramirez isn't "Blind worship" it's simple vision. Whitaker not only clearly won the fight but he pretty much dominated the fight.

It is on the same level of those robberies, definitely.

Yes, he definitely deserved to beat Ramirez, no doubt at all.

IMO, The Ramirez fight was the clearest win of Whitakers controverisal descions.

Anybody who disagrees with that clearly has an agenda.

Comment

Working...
                    X