No announcement yet.

lloyd honeyghan against today's welterweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    He destroys Manny, steroids or no steroids. Floyd would be another story, but I give Lloyd a good chance to stop Floyd. With his speed, power and reflexes, even Floyd would have a rough night.
    The difference maker in this fight is Manny does not gas out. I'm not so sure he'd beat Manny with his superhuman stamina. If the old Manny who would gas like a normal person came back, then yes, I think Honeyghan beats him, but Manny today just has a never ending reserve of energy and that's going to be tough to deal with.

Comment

He would be #3 behind Mayweather and Pacqiauo.

I don't see him beating those two, though.

Comment

Honeyghan isn't in the same class a fighter as Pacquiao it wouldn't even be a competitive fight

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Honeyghan isn't in the same class a fighter as Pacquiao it wouldn't even be a competitive fight

With all due respect to Manny, who's he fought at 147 that is even comparable to a prime, undefeated Donal Curry?

Comment

More wisdom words from you. Honeyghan was a TRUE WELTER and raped DONALD CURRY for the title. The bout was so onesided, everyone was shocked. Curry managed to win a round, maybe 2 but even thats generous to give him. Honeyghan also koed Gene Hatcher in like 45 seconds. Hatcher beat Bumphus and was the 140 pound champion.

Honeyghan was not a product of steroids, like the 140-147 Manny Pacquiao is. He'd beat him anyway. History showed us only clever, defensive geniuses like Starling could beat a prime Honeyghan. Ignore that BS loss to Vaca.
            Last edited by Pastrano; 05-14-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

With all due respect to Manny, who's he fought at 147 that is even comparable to a prime, undefeated Donal Curry?
              That was an excellent and shocking win.

Comment

Do you even follow boxing? You need to do some research before opening your mouth sometimes. Are you really trying to say an era with Marlon Starling, Simon Brown, Mark Breland, Roger Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis was terrible?
                commenting on things one has no idea about is so NSB...

anyway, i think honeyghan is the better welterweight than both PBF & MP, but not in a P4P sense...

a prime honeyghan today i think is good for a welterweight title or two and beat MP... but PBF will be quite a challenge...

donald curry though quite a good counter-puncher himself is significantly different from PBF... PBF employs an excellent defense ( a forte he shares with honeyghan conqueror starling) and much craftier overall than curry...

i think it will be a technical chessmatch in the early going until PBF potshots his way to a boring victory...

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  More wisdom words from you. Honeyghan was a TRUE WELTER and raped DONALD CURRY for the title. The bout was so onesided, everyone was shocked. Curry managed to win a round, maybe 2 but even thats generous to give him. Honeyghan also koed Gene Hatcher in like 45 seconds. Hatcher beat Bumphus and was the 140 pound champion.

Honeyghan was not a product of steroids, like the 140-147 Manny Pacquiao is. He'd beat him anyway. History showed us only clever, defensive geniuses like Starling could beat a prime Honeyghan. Ignore that BS loss to Vaca.
                  You have zero proof that Pacquiao has ever taken PED's. Honeyghan couldn't have beaten Pac or Floyd on their worst days. He'd be maybe a little better than the other welterweight contenders right now.

Comment

The past his prime Margarito that Manny faced is as good or better then Honeyghan and Curry.

Comment

The past his prime Margarito that Manny faced is as good or better then Honeyghan and Curry.

Lol, because he beat better fighters? Come on now SC, you said none of the guys I named were top welters in the late 80's either. You just need to polish up up your history before making such claims bro. It's all good though!

Comment

Working...
                      X