No announcement yet.

lloyd honeyghan against today's welterweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Lol, because he beat better fighters? Come on now SC, you said none of the guys I named were top welters in the late 80's either. You just need to polish up up your history before making such claims bro. It's all good though!

Can you read? I said Mayweather Mcgirt and Davis were not top welterweight and that is because they weren't.

Mayweather's first fight at welter was in 1994
    Mcgirt's first fight at welter was in 89
    Aaron Davis was still a prospect he didn't fight for a title until 91

So yeah I think you're the one who needs to polish up bro

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Do you even follow boxing? You need to do some research before opening your mouth sometimes. Are you really trying to say an era with Marlon Starling, Simon Brown, Mark Breland, Roger Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis was terrible?

i see marlon all the time at the big fights around here

he looks great! he's always dressed to the nines in the coolest suits and hats you can imagine

to address the idea that the 80's was a weak WW era (without mentioning any of the names that came about later in the decade...)

leonard fought hearns for the first time as a WW in 81

fought duran for the first time (in a fight many consider one of the classiest showings ever for WW's,) at WW in '80
      again for no mas in '80 in an immediate rematch

those are three first ballot HOFers fighting each other in their primes within the first two years of the decade...
      and leonard and hearns were at their best at WW

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        The past his prime Margarito that Manny faced is as good or better then Honeyghan and Curry.

i find it shocking that somebody who spends ample time around the sport could spit out such nonsense

you cannot be serious!

all margarito has going for him is size and one of the chins i've ever seen. otherwise he's pedestrian

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i find it shocking that somebody who spends ample time around the sport could spit out such nonsense

you cannot be serious!

all margarito has going for him is size and one of the chins i've ever seen. otherwise he's pedestrian
          Size and a chin is all he needs to be as good as Honeghan and Curry they are far from special

Comment

Can you read? I said Mayweather Mcgirt and Davis were not top welterweight and that is because they weren't.

Mayweather's first fight at welter was in 1994
            Mcgirt's first fight at welter was in 89
            Aaron Davis was still a prospect he didn't fight for a title until 91

So yeah I think you're the one who needs to polish up bro
            Sorry dude, but Junior Welter = Welter so both McGirt and Mayweather were top Welters in the late 80s. Old school 8 or they don't rate :bringit9:

Poet

Comment

Size and a chin is all he needs to be as good as Honeghan and Curry they are far from special

i need some air

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i need some air
                And maybe a drink too :chuckle9:

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  Sorry dude, but Junior Welter = Welter so both McGirt and Mayweather were top Welters in the late 80s. Old school 8 or they don't rate :bringit9:

Poet

welterweight is welterweight
                  light weltweight is light welterweight

One is 140 pounds the other is 147 they aren't the same, do you have mental issues or something?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    And maybe a drink too :chuckle9:

brother you aint kidding

Comment

welterweight is welterweight
                      light weltweight is light welterweight

One is 140 pounds the other is 147 they aren't the same, do you have mental issues or something?
                      There are 8 legitimate weight classes:
                      Heavyweight
                      Light-Heavyweight
                      Middleweight
                      Welterweight
                      Lightweight
                      Featherweight
                      Bantamweight
                      Flyweight

Any "weight class" tagged with "Junior" or "Super" are bogus and illegitimate existing only to line the coffers of the Alphabet groups with sanctioning fees.

Now, since apparently comprehension isn't your strong suit, you might want to think twice about "mental issues" since it's pretty obvious you have your own personal struggles with "****** issues" :jerk0ff9:

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X