Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if the SMW version of James Toney was in the Division Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
    Nunn was already on the slide by the time he fought Toney. He really had no business losing that fight
    What makes you think that? I thought he looked very good in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      What makes you think that? I thought he looked very good in that fight.
      He started getting into back into drugs and the street life around the time of the Barkley fight. He was also refusing to follow the fight plans his trainers layed down for him and tried to out-brawl his opponents instead of out-boxing them.

Comment

ward's the best smw out there now but doesn't anyone else think that dirrel would be a really bad match up for toney style wise?

he's not going to come forward, he's fast and can fight southpaw. Toney's biggest problem is his footspeed and struggled a little against nunn. he was behind on the scorecards until the ko (if i remember correctly).

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
          ward's the best smw out there now but doesn't anyone else think that dirrel would be a really bad match up for toney style wise?

he's not going to come forward, he's fast and can fight southpaw. Toney's biggest problem is his footspeed and struggled a little against nunn. he was behind on the scorecards until the ko (if i remember correctly).
          Dirrell gives him pnty of trouble with speed and movement but i can see Toney bullying him a bit, i think he'd be in Dirrels head before the fight too, i like James to get a late KO there. Ur right tho he is a stylistic nightmare for JT

Comment

BTW why is ur bar red? All ur posts ive read have made perfect sense and are worth reading, u seem like a good poster whats the deal?

Comment

He started getting into back into drugs and the street life around the time of the Barkley fight. He was also refusing to follow the fight plans his trainers layed down for him and tried to out-brawl his opponents instead of out-boxing them.
              Not doubting your info but do you have a source?

Comment

Bottom line is that he was winning all of his fights until he fought Toney. And that's really all that matters. It's convenient to say he was "on the slide" after he lost. But the bottom line is that he was unbeaten and considered one of the best fighters in the world. Until Toney beat him. That's a fact. Anything else is speculation.

Up until that point there is absolutely nothing that indicates Nunn was slipping in the ring.

Comment

I think Toney beats them all but razor thin with Ward and Dirrell hits him the most. That would be the best match up to me.

Comment

I don't think Toney has any problems with Dirrell, too one dimensional it would be extreamly boring though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      BTW why is ur bar red? All ur posts ive read have made perfect sense and are worth reading, u seem like a good poster whats the deal?
                      LOL, i criticised one of those posters with a billion rep points because one of his "joke" topics was in bad taste. I think he maxed out my minus reputation.

It seems to make absolutely no difference though, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X