Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if the SMW version of James Toney was in the Division Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    The only one of those at 168 was against Jones. But the Toney that expertly dismantled Barkley and koed Prince Charles Williams and Littles would dispatch of those three without greater difficulties.
    Williams himself, was also piss weak at the weight and had boiled himself down to 168 after a donkeys years at lhwt. Toney had laboured in non-entity decision bores over more than one tomato can as a super-middle. Jones just exemplified the fact..

Comment

Aint nobody at SMW for prime Toney today. He schools all of them, Ward and Dirrell included. Knocks Dirrell out. Dirrell kind of reminds me of a lesser version of Nunn. Ward can potentially do as good as Reggie Johnson, minus the knockdown which he simply doesn't have the power for.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        We all love JT but let's not go too overboard because outstanding talent isn't everything. Although Toney could obviously smoke anyone in the super six tourney, i'd only guarantee it in a fight for the dinner queue. Let's not forget some of his awful weight weakened performances because Ward, Froch, and Kessler imo would all be more than capable of handing him his ass on those occasions.
        As for Bute, i'm undecided, mainly because he's elected to hide in the shade of the IBF where records tend to get fabricated rather than recognized. But from what i've seen of him, looks pretty sound..
        I seriously doubt Fraud Croch beats any version of Toney. Maybe Toney on his deathbed but even then Toney's the betting favorite.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          I seriously doubt Fraud Croch beats any version of Toney. Maybe Toney on his deathbed but even then Toney's the betting favorite.

Poet
          What's wrong with Froch?.. I quite like him. Lives the game, turns up in shape and will fight anyone in the world at the drop of a hat. Ok, he may not have Toney's radar like talent, but he's got a very similar chin and he's assured to be in y'face for 12 hard rounds. Unlike Ottke and co, this guy doesn't tick any of the euro-fraud boxes.
          Sure he'd be the turf accountants favourite, but who's to say he wouldn't catch Toney on one of his frequent off nights?..

Imo Toney's resume at 168 gets overrated. His best win was against Iran Barkley, closely followed by Steve Little (chiny) and Charles Williams who'd dropped a weight when past his prime. Roy Jones was top of the crop and James lost dismally to him.
          Infact, i'm more impressed with his accomplishments at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
            What's wrong with Froch?.. I quite like him. Lives the game, turns up in shape and will fight anyone in the world at the drop of a hat. Ok, he may not have Toney's radar like talent, but he's got a very similar chin and he's assured to be in y'face for 12 hard rounds. Unlike Ottke and co, this guy doesn't tick any of the euro-fraud boxes.
            Sure he'd be the turf accountants favourite, but who's to say he wouldn't catch Toney on one of his frequent off nights?..

Imo Toney's resume at 168 gets overrated. His best win was against Iran Barkley, closely followed by Steve Little (chiny) and Charles Williams who'd dropped a weight when past his prime. Roy Jones was top of the crop and James lost dismally to him.
            Infact, i'm more impressed with his accomplishments at 160.
            Croch is a crude low-talent club fighter (like Hatton) who gets grossly overrated in these parts because we have a very vocal UK contigent who nuthug the **** out of their fighters no matter how crappy they are.....That's the very definition of a Euro-fraud.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Croch is a crude low-talent club fighter (like Hatton) who gets grossly overrated in these parts because we have a very vocal UK contigent who nuthug the **** out of their fighters no matter how crappy they are.....That's the very definition of a Euro-fraud.

Poet
              But don't you think it's unfair to label an honest fighter on the strength of certain fans being over-patriotic?
              Low-talent club fighters are one a penny but both Froch and Hatton worked their way to the top whilst taking their knocks along the way, and you know aswell as i do that it takes considerable talent and a great deal of fortitude in order to achieve that pinnacle in any of lifes quests.

Comment

I feel like Toney, Jones, and Hopkins could dominate any super middleweight division era.

Comment

Working...
                X