No announcement yet.

Boxings Holy Trinity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Charles I would rate above both, but Moore is right in the same area as Canzoneri, Ross and McLarnin. Very subjective, but that's my opinion.
    Moore I would rate above all three, but thats another discussion for another time, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      Moore I would rate above all three, but thats another discussion for another time, ha.

Fair enough. Im sure respective arguments could be made from both sides.

Comment

Barrera Morales Pacquiao

Comment

The funny thing is that probably 75% of this site outside this forum including me are using google right now like "who??????????" hahahaha

If their really that great I'ma have some researchin' ta do. haha Thats crazy because the first people that came to mind are The Fantastic 4 from the 80's or Ali, Frazier, Foreman yet they can't even contend with these guys? God damn I feel like I only know about 12% of the whole entire sports history after this *****. This is depressing haha

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            The funny thing is that probably 75% of this site outside this forum including me are using google right now like "who??????????" hahahaha

If their really that great I'ma have some researchin' ta do. haha Thats crazy because the first people that came to mind are The Fantastic 4 from the 80's or Ali, Frazier, Foreman yet they can't even contend with these guys? God damn I feel like I only know about 12% of the whole entire sports history after this *****. This is depressing haha

Boxing history is very vast. None of us know it all and can learn something new everyday.

Comment

Ali, Foreman, Frazier and Leonard, Duran, Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                Ali, Foreman, Frazier and Leonard, Duran, Hearns
                I sincerely doubt the names on Ali, Foremen and Fraziers resumes could stack up p4p, but I would live if someone broke down Leonard, Duran and Hearns.

Comment

Ross, Canzoneri & McLarnin also represent the three most prominent ethnic groups that dominated boxing during that era; Jews, Irish & Italians.

This is not definite but from what I've read of their respective records, I'd rank them as follows - based on resume, achievements, skills, talent and a few other intangibles:

1. Jimmy McLarnin
                  2. Barney Ross
                  3. Tony Canzoneri

I briefly researched McLarnin's record vs HOF's for those interested.

Pacquiao, Barrera & Morales would be another three.

Comment

Ali, Frazier, Foreman best combined opponents.

Ali
                    Frazier
                    Foreman
                    Holmes
                    Norton
                    Young
                    Lyle
                    Patterson
                    Quarry
                    Chuvalo
                    Ellis
                    Bonovena
                    Williams
                    Liston
                    Moore
                    Jones
                    Moorer
                    Stewart
                    Holyfield
                    Cooney
                    Qawo
                    Roman
                    Bob Foster
                    Mathis
                    Machen
                    Last edited by JAB5239; 04-21-2011, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
                      Ross, Canzoneri & McLarnin also represent the three most prominent ethnic groups that dominated boxing during that era; Jews, Irish & Italians.

This is not definite but from what I've read of their respective records, I'd rank them as follows - based on resume, achievements, skills, talent and a few other intangibles:

1. Jimmy McLarnin
                      2. Barney Ross
                      3. Tony Canzoneri

I briefly researched McLarnin's record vs HOF's for those interested.

Pacquiao, Barrera & Morales would be another three.

I almost did a thread on ethnic rivalries but decided to go with this instead.

Nice call on Pac, Barrera and Morales!

Comment

Working...
                      X