Best Infighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I'm playing the advocate here I really should stop
    No I love watching him and yeah, he doesn't actually seem as bad as he acts like he is...but God damn, I hate his fans and I hate his stupid testing bull****. He just doesn't want to risk his zero.

Comment

Ron Lyle could mix it up pretty could on the inside. Not the best but i think i would be the only one mentioning him here.

Frazier and Marciano at Heavy are the Duh options, but i think that Charles and Bowe are good options too.

At MW although SRR could dominate inside, he was deadlier at long and mid range. Hagler and Greb were deadly inside fighter, and LaMotta was a sly fox on the inside as well. Duran is a clear choice, as is Homicide Hank. At the Lower weight Classes Olivares is a exciting dynamite inside fighter. Particularly his uppercut-hook combo.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins.

Ricardo Lopez and James Toney were prettier but I can't imagine there being a more effective inside fighter then B-Hop

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post

Heres another one where the infighting isn't quite as elegant, but very exciting.

Comment

Hopkins definitely has to be up there. Might not have been pretty. Ugly but damn sure effective.

Holyfield & Frazier of course. 2 of the best.

Jake Lamotta anybody? He wasn't the Bull for nothin'. I would say Glenn Johnson is a good one too. Kinda random name since he still fights and isn't really a P4P type fighter but he does some damn good work on the inside. Thought I'd give him a shoutout.

Aaron Pryor & Chavez liked to scrap and did it damn good on the inside as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post

Those first 2 videos are to highlight Bowe and Holyfields inside game, right?

If so, good shout on Holyfield.

People tend to sleep on Holyfields inside game but he had a very good one, his fights with Bowe alone show that much.

Comment

Just out of interest, how do people rate ward's inside fighting? a bit of holding and he keeps his head forward and pressed against his opponents chest but I actually really enjoy his fights (it seems sometimes i must be the only one).

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
                    Just out of interest, how do people rate ward's inside fighting? a bit of holding and he keeps his head forward and pressed against his opponents chest but I actually really enjoy his fights (it seems sometimes i must be the only one).
                    No sir i absaloutely love Andre Ward and find him highly entertainig great shout his inside game is superb.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
                      Andre Ward is very Hopkins esque. He is extremely physical and smart on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X