Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morales > Barrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already knew this.The Maidana fight is irrefutable proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Nani Loc View Post
      Barrera's smaller/older, 2 inches shorter, started at 115, turn pro 4 years earlier.

Barrera gets no love.
      this is what i was thinking. not saying who is greater, just that we shouldn't be so fickle and forgetful. mab is quite accomplished, was holding his own with Khan himself (IMO) waaaaaay late in his career until he was busted open.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Of course it's close.

Morales beat more Top 5 ranked fighters in their respective division throughout his career than Barrera did.

Barrera beat HOF'ers like ; Morales X2 and maybe in the future Naseem Hamed.

Morales beat HOF'ers like; Barrera, Pacqiauo and Zaragoza.

Both had plenty of title defenses at respective weights.

This doesn't conlclue Morales is greater, that's just my opinion.

However, what it does conclude it it most definitely a close comparison

I would say Barrera's wins against Moralesx2, Nas, Mckinney, and Tapia are better then Pacquiao, Barrera, Zarazoga, Jones and In Jinchi. I would say Barrera's "morale victory" over Marquez is significant also. Also it means very little or nothing but Barrera beat Kelley and Ayala worse then Morales did.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          I would say Barrera's wins against Moralesx2, Nas, Mckinney, and Tapia are better then Pacquiao, Barrera, Zarazoga, Jones and In Jinchi. I would say Barrera's "morale victory" over Marquez is significant also. Also it means very little or nothing but Barrera beat Kelley and Ayala worse then Morales did.
          But even then that is a close comparison, No?

Morales has an exceptional resume at 122 also with wins over Zaragoza, Junior Jones and Barrera including 9 title defenses.

Barrera has more title defences at 122 but Morales beat much better competition there IMO.

At 126 Barrera has a stronger resume than Morales with his wins over Hamed, Tapia and Morales.

Then at 130, Morales also beat top contenders such as Jesus Chavez and Carlos Hernandez at 130 who were both considered to be Top 5 fighters at the time he beat them and obviously his win over Pacqiuao.

Barrera did beat Morales at 130 as we know but I'm going to have to go with Morales having the stronger resume at 130 also.

Again, this doesn't mean Morales is greater than Barrera. But you said It's not really close but I'm sorry I can't see any way that the comparison between Morales and Barrera isn't close. It is so blatently a close comparison.

But yeah, IMO It's Morales.

Comment

I had Morales ranked slightly ahead of Barrera before last night anyway,last night was incredible though

Comment

Nah. I still go with Barrera. Thought he should have been 2-0-1 against Morales. First fight he won clearly. 2nd fight a draw. 3rd fight a very close win. Yeah Morales beat Pacquiao, but he also got embarrassed against Zahir Raheem, losing damn near every round right after he beat Manny. People state that he was past prime, but he was coming off his career best win. So that is just an excuse. Barrera beat Hamed, I thought he just about edged Marquez too (114-113). The scorecards from that fight do not reflect what in reality was an extremely close battle that could have gone either way. Doug Tucker's 118-109 scorecard was absolutley ridiculous. I'm glad that he is now banned from ever judging a fight again. Worst judge ever.

I don't really understand all the praise for Morales coming off his fight with Maidana. I scored it 9-3 for Chino. It was not close. Morales got hit alot, he showed flashes of his old self but very inconsistently. It's a shame that he's still fighting because he needs the money, when he should have enough to retire and leave boxing behind. Hopefully he doesn't get brain damage.

Comment

JK1700

barrera won 1st fight morales beat him second atleast 115-113 i had it 116-112 and morales won 3rd fight but it was more competitive than their 2nd fight

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                  People state that he was past prime, but he was coming off his career best win. So that is just an excuse.
                  "Career best win" doesn't mean a fighter isn't past-prime. Past-prime fighters are, among other things, notoriously up and down in their performances. The Foreman fight is frequently touted as Ali's "career best win" but only an ignorant ****** thinks that was a prime Ali.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    "Career best win" doesn't mean a fighter isn't past-prime. Past-prime fighters are, among other things, notoriously up and down in their performances. The Foreman fight is frequently touted as Ali's "career best win" but only an ignorant ****** thinks that was a prime Ali.

Poet
                    Excellent point. Another example would be Shane Mosley vs Margarito, Mosley looked to be seriously sliding prior to the Mayorga fight and then appeared shot in that one but then goes and destroys that flithy cheating bastard Margarito. Looked ***** since. I think there is some truth to the saying a Great fighter always has ONE last great performance in him

Comment

Originally posted by qari View Post
                      JK1700

barrera won 1st fight morales beat him second atleast 115-113 i had it 116-112 and morales won 3rd fight but it was more competitive than their 2nd fight
                      How did Morales win the third fight when Barrera swept the first six rounds and at least drew the 12th?

Comment

Working...
                      X